Vodafone Eurotraveller

Redgun71

DW Regular ++
Reaction score
A month ago I was out of the country for 4 weeks and I've just started to look at my phone bills.

I do not remember opting in for Eurotraveller, I think it is already included in my contract.
With Vodafone EuroTraveller you can take your UK minutes, texts and data with you for just £3 a day only on the day/s that you use it.

So I sent a couple of texts and phone calls back to the UK (all on different days), Vodafone charge me £3 each for the texts and £3 for each call.

I can accept the charges for the calls but £3 for each text, I would have thought there would be a capping rate i.e. send 1 text and get charged the normal ex UK charge, not if you are going to send one text or make one call or use the internet to send an Email you should do it all in one day to make it worth you while and make sure the charge is worth £3 or more.

Does anyone have Eurotravller?
I have not read the T&C of Eurotraveller but surely this can not be right, it's like saying why just have a hamburger when you can eat as much as your stomach can handle for £3 a day.

I've not made a complaint yet, looking to hear your advice/opinion.

It's quite clear, you opted in and it's £3 a day for any calls or text made, no min or max as long as within your allowance.
The only option is to opt out if only using minimum calls/text etc.
They don't offer option of only using it if only going over the £3 amount .

To opt in, text ADD to 40506 or call 5555 free from your Vodafone mobile. You'll pay a daily £3 charge to make use of the UK minutes, texts and data from your agreement while you're travelling in our Europe Zone.
By opting in to EuroTraveller you’ll automatically opt out of the monthly spend limit for data in our Europe Zone because you’ll be using your UK allowances. You’ll still be opted into the monthly spend limit in our WorldTraveller Zone and countries in the rest of the world.

To opt out, text REMOVE to 40506. If you decide to opt out of Vodafone EuroTraveller, you’ll automatically be opted back into the monthly spend limit for data in our Europe Zone and you’ll pay our Vodafone World charges in Europe

I've looked over the bills and apart from last months trip abroad I've not made a loss financially due to Eurotraveller.
I will keep it for a while as I going to Berlin for a long weekend.

Back