vnc enterprise edition

cheers guys

i will give ultra ago........ as i need the file transfer

thats a must

ps i didnt have to forward any ports on router.... it worked fine without (linksys wireless router)

deedie said:
cheers guys

i will give ultra ago........ as i need the file transfer

thats a must

ps i didnt have to forward any ports on router.... it worked fine without (linksys wireless router)

did you install viewer on the one you want to use to view and server on the one you want to look at or did you just install everything on both ?

deedie said:
i tried this vnc enterprise edition to control my computer from another, but i aint got a clue what im doing

its installed and vnc server is running in the system tray of my pc and my laptop.

when i right click and go to add new client ........ i comes up with a box saying viewer......... what do i put in here????

anybody able to help me???

were would i get a copy of that VNC you have m8......

allroad said:
did you install viewer on the one you want to use to view and server on the one you want to look at or did you just install everything on both ?

same software on both m8 that way you can change it around. and view the lappy from the pc ;)

@the Dogs here is the link m8....

http://ultravnc.sourceforge.net/

from the link posted above m8 BTW i keep getting message "wrong password" even though ive changed it 4 times and I can seem to find where the user name goes on the server

you should have this, VNC Password = what you choose apply (this is the server end)

when you go to viewer end input your ip and will ask for Password use same pass as server, should be good to go m8..

it works ok with my 192 number on the network but i would need to test it from another location using my static ip addy

allroad said:
it works ok with my 192 number on the network but i would need to test it from another location using my static ip addy

not done that yet, but will over the weekend and post back results.

sorry allroad for not letting you know sooner....

results using vnc from another house...

was over a my bro in laws house fired up the lappy, got a wireless connection from the neighbour next door...lol...

tried the 192 which didn't work....put in the ip from the router, lappy asked for a password put that in and it worked a peach...:)

tested transfer of an mp3 worked ok... would work even better if it was hard wired...

all in all a good free setup ;)

joe do you mean you put in static ip of router etc ?? and do you mean if the main comp was conected directly to the router instead of wirelessly it would be better

allroad said:
joe do you mean you put in static ip of router etc ??

yes static ip from isp in router....

allroad said:
and do you mean if the main comp was conected directly to the router instead of wirelessly it would be better

it would be better transfering large files hard wired, but if you are just browsing main pc, wireless is great for it...

i did have about 3 connection dropouts transfering an mp3 but that was due to using my bro in laws neighbours connection, which he hasn't secured lol...

Back