vnc enterprise edition

deedie

DW Regular
Reaction score
i tried this vnc enterprise edition to control my computer from another, but i aint got a clue what im doing

its installed and vnc server is running in the system tray of my pc and my laptop.

when i right click and go to add new client ........ i comes up with a box saying viewer......... what do i put in here????

anybody able to help me???

put my name in and it just says connection failed

ah i think i know now you must install it as a server on one computer and as a viewer on the other

allroad said:
ah i think i know now you must install it as a server on one computer and as a viewer on the other

done this

when i right click and select options

there is a connection tab......... but i dont know what info is required in here

its cool

i got it to work

i just need to put the ip addy of the computer into the the viewer window

and it worked

just cant get the hang of this, put ip addy of the comp and getting failed to connect , connection timed out...(10060)

any ideas guys

cheers

right have manged to get this working

i can access all the programs on my pc from laptop....... but i cant transfer any files between the two....... any know how u do this???

and also is there anyway i can save the ip of the computer so i dont need to keep typing it in manually???

deedie said:
right have manged to get this working

i can access all the programs on my pc from laptop....... but i cant transfer any files between the two....... any know how u do this???

and also is there anyway i can save the ip of the computer so i dont need to keep typing it in manually???

if you leave your comp on the ip stays in the window of the vnc viewer...

then it asks for a pass and your in...

been looking at transfering files from on to another, i dont think it does this,,

hope i am wrong tho..

Edit: the other software i am looking at is Laplink here

http://www.laplink.com/products/llgold/overview.asp

Last edited:
i dont think it does but if your on a network you dont need it to transfer files just use the network settings

BTW will vnc work from another computer that is not on the network ie from someone elses house or abroad ?

allroad said:
i dont think it does but if your on a network you dont need it to transfer files just use the network settings

BTW will vnc work from another computer that is not on the network ie from someone elses house or abroad ?

Remote control software such as VNC has a variety of uses. It allows a person at a remote computer to assume control of another computer across a network, as if they were sitting in front of the other computer.

For the individual user, one common scenario is using VNC to help troubleshoot the computer of a distant less-technically-savvy relative. In other words, sitting at your desk in Baltimore, you could use VNC to take control of your mother's PC in London and show her how to install and use some new software package by actually doing it yourself.

http://www.realvnc.com/how.html

forgot to ask did you have to open any ports and does it work ok with a router

allroad said:
forgot to ask did you have to open any ports and does it work ok with a router

had to open port 5900 in the router, so it can connect, also if using ZA allow it or it wont work..

hope this helps

ps using the netgear gt wireless router..

Back