Routers VM Cable Modems

barrab

Inactive User
Reaction score
Am I the only one still using an old style Ambit cable modem? (VM have never upgraded me).
What is the maximum speed that this will support? Any reasons for keeping this or should I ask VM for an upgrade and if they upgrade my speed from 15Mbps will a modem upgrade be necessary?

The father in law is still using a scientific atlanta 2100 cable modem, he's had it for about 15 years, I've told him to get onto virgin and get it replaced but he never bothers lol.
[h=3][/h]

Doesn't particularly bother me either apart from the fact I’m paying about £25pm for this and i've found out others are paying a lot less for a faster service.

Doesn't particularly bother me either apart from the fact I’m paying about £25pm for this and i've found out others are paying a lot less for a faster service.
Depending on how long you've been with them give them a ring, tell them if they won't upgrade u free you'll go elsewhere. As a new customer I pay £22 for 9months for 50mb, soon to be upgraded, with phone included

Sent from my HTC One_M8

Depending on how long you've been with them give them a ring, tell them if they won't upgrade u free you'll go elsewhere. As a new customer I pay £22 for 9months for 50mb, soon to be upgraded, with phone included

Been with them since the NTL days. Will my modem support this or will it need to be upgraded?

Been with them since the NTL days. Will my modem support this or will it need to be upgraded?

not sure but I would've thought if they do sort you out they will send a new one if needed

For top speeds You need a superhub barrab, ring and ask them to send You one, they were fine about it when I got one.

That happened to me and I realised I'd been paying more for a speed they didn't even currently offer. Ended up paying less for double the speed or so.

Thanks all. After digging around I discovered for the fastest speeds a DOCSIS 3 modem is required which this isn't.
Not having lightning speeds doesn't particularly bother me so was checking there wasn't any particular reason for keeping this modem, before I spoke to VM to push for an upgrade or a reduction in price.

Back