vix 3.2 037 help with Kodi 16.0

ant500

Inactive User
Reaction score
vix 3.2 037 help with Kodi 16.0

ok might be doing some thing wrong here
when I load kodi 16 and enter videos when I go to add files it comes up with a list but none of the movie list I recognize like solo or ice files which used to be listed on the old old kodi do I have to download them from somewhere to work on kodi ??? as there not in the preinstalled list well not as far as I can see lol

what my doing wrong ???

I'm not familiar with kodi but what you you meaning with old Kodi?

Are you referring to xbmc incorporated within images, the kodi 15.2 recently modified to work within images or the normal external kodi (separate from images)?

i have an issue with this image, when I am doing a network mount for HDD it seems kodi does not boot up, anyone know which file I need to transfer to my HDD for this to boot correctly?

I remember when I installed xmbc on previous image it created a folder on my hdd hence I believe I need to move a folder, any ideas?

Hey peeps

I though i'll join this thread as I have similar issue but my image is blackhole 01 image. I had xbmc plugin installed but didn't know how to use it so I add a load of addon and stuf on it. However since I have watch some videos & got it all working on my PC. So I though I'll give it another go on the box. I wanted to start from fresh so I deleted the plugin from the plugin extentions but it doesn't remove it & still shows in the plugins? So I though i'll try add it again anyway so I try to add it but get an error message ( I can add screen shot later tonight of the error if required). So what happens know is if I click the plugin to start it, it just switches the whole box off? I have to reboot from the main on/off button on the back. Is there a way I can remove this plugin or fix it via telnet or something? Can I install it via telnet? Does anyone have the correct file I need to install. As always appreciate your help.

Ice

Blackhole images have XBMC actually built-in to it rather than as an optional plugin like all the other images do.

XBMC, as used by BH, stores the userdata in .xbmc folder on HDD/USB (it may also be hidden and remember there is a fullstop before xbmc).

Thanks Ketmp, but what do I need to do? check via Vu CC or the box?

Iceman are you usein a Sunray box use one of Ketmps or Ten Below images if so flash
said image then go to plugin download flashexpander .

Then grab a usb pen 2/4 gig even a micro sd card 2gig works with R4usb adaptor at most format in box reboot unmount then goto plugins run flashexpander chosse usb device follow steps when done reboot then running kodi or xbmc add what you like .

Ad fusion repo howto

Start kodi goto system flie manager then add source
then type in hxxp://fusion.tvaddons.ag then click done then add media source type in fusion .

Then goto system addon then install from zip file then pick fusion install what you need .

Howto add superrepo

Same steps as above but you add hxxp://srp.nu and media source superepo then when added goto system addon install from zip file goto superrepo pick jarvis then your goto go .

Also there,s plenty of these plugins still working ok on 13.2 iceman .

Or i wait for Ketmps next build as 4.0 openvix has gone live now .

From meself and a few mates over here would like to thank ketmp and Ten Below for the work and time they putting into these images .

Tip me hat to yous lads great work yous are doing for FREE.: thanks :

Wow, so much detail Dubliner! sorry I been in bed yesterday flued up!

No I don't have a sunray box, mines a genuine VU Solo 2 with BH 0.1 image. From what your saying I will have re-load a new image is this correct? Is there not a way I can just load XMBC onto my current image? otherwise I might not bother, plus I got a internal 1TB HDD. Whats flashexpander, is that what I need to install on the current image to get XMBC back?
I know how to add the repos and stuff once I got it running, thanks.
I'd second what Dubliner saying, keep up the good work!

Wow, so much detail Dubliner! sorry I been in bed yesterday flued up!

No I don't have a sunray box, mines a genuine VU Solo 2 with BH 0.1 image. From what your saying I will have re-load a new image is this correct? Is there not a way I can just load XMBC onto my current image? otherwise I might not bother, plus I got a internal 1TB HDD. Whats flashexpander, is that what I need to install on the current image to get XMBC back?
I know how to add the repos and stuff once I got it running, thanks.
I'd second what Dubliner saying, keep up the good work!

If you have corrupted your BH image then youll need to reflash to get XBMC/Kodi back.

The flash of your solo2 is not really big enough for a decent build of XBMC/Kodi Flash expander expands the flash to give you more memory on to a usb stick this will allow a decent build to run on your box.

Iceman you have an original box a for feck sake i was thinking you where usein a sunray .

Flash your box with openspa 5.0 006 as blackhole is old now with the version your usein .

Use flashexpahder as shown above after installation when done reboot your box then install vuplus kodi 1 from plugins usein this meself at the moment with a 2gig micro sd with R4 adpator without any problems just don,t go mental and install everything just what you need.

Will do some kodi builds backups over the weekend and test then will upload here try to stay away from wizards for vu solo2 as they don,t work like do on andriod or openelec .

A few tips on if usein kodi start kodi or xbmc goto system at the bottom change to expert if needed goto to system then video output then go across to video calibration and ajust your screen size to fit your tv when done click exit on remote to save .

Turn gui sound off if needed goto system then audio output then goto Play gui sound and change to never this just turns off sound when going around kodi .

Also goto system apperance then international and change timezone and region aswell .

Also goto programs then pick get more then pick Artwork Downloader now this might take about 5mins to kickin then goto your video addons say ichannel for example movies then click left on your remote goto view info and change you will see what i mean pick whatever view mode you like .

Also goto system goto appearance click on that then goto skin then settings then add-on shortcuts then add what ever shrtcut you like but make sure you have install some plugins first then these plugins will be on main menu when needed .

You can change background options just Enable custom background then add your own pics if you want .

Enable weather plugin goto system then weather then pick service for weather information click ok then get more pick yahoo or met office then go back to weather info click again pick the one you pick then click on settings pick your city then press ok to save then you will see weather on your main menu click on this for your weather info .

I have a original vu +solo2 two box I'm using Kodi 15.2 on openvix 3.3.37
I tried the 16.0 Kodi as well on both. Im having problems with sound from genesis or navi x videos. Stream videos that are played from these sites have no sound. I have turned up amplification + tv sound and vu solo 2 general volume up sound. There is no audio apart from very strange hiss sound if I turn everything to max. This is infuriating......
I have tried blackhole 3.0.1 as well with kodi /xbmc still the same issue.

I notice is that if use turk plug-in for this plug-in it uses a different video player a skin which uses blue-sky appears and if I press audio button I can quickly obtain audio.

Unfortunately genesis and most other pluggins use the default video player in Kodi which is produces no sound apparently from his. I have faced same issue when using kodi 16 and 15.2 on openvix 3.2.37 and blackhole 3.0.1 tenbelow.. Any help on this would be much appreciated thanks guys

Unfortunately, kodi available via our E2 boxes are like patched to get xbmc/kodi working and it may not be perfect.

I was under the impression that, kodi 15.2, at least, tries to force kodi to use the video player of the image rather than player included within kodi which can't cope as well.

Do you mean these specific plugins actually use kodi video player rather than use the image video player?

Try usein the sub content menu should be the menu button when you pick what you want to play press mute button you will see play usein E2player try this see does it fix the problem .!

For 15.2 version few plugins such as turks uses the image video player. Prsssing the audio button its simple to get sound to return if the app uses the image video player . However most stream apps on Kodi use Kodi video player. Genesis isn't playing any videos today. SALTS is crashing mid way when it's gathering streams. I have been really hacked of with both Kodi 15.2 and 16.0. I have also observed problems with NAVI 4.0. Streams are playing however this app uses KODI video player unforunately without audio this relates to vix 3.2 .0.37.....

eldon just use openspa as your box is an original grab addon installer from downloads section and you be fine ,

Ketmps and Ten Below images might not have everything or openspa but compared to where we were before xmas i think we should be happy for what mx3L /ketmp TenBelow has done so far and the openspa team and other teams are looking into this also .

Kodi form the openspa team seems to be stable and i know how hacked off this can be but hang in there these plugins will work use the addon installer as it will download all the extras needed for plugin to work .

Back