Vista Compaq pc

daddymac

Member ++
Reaction score
My cousins pc is newish and there only around 30GB of data on the HD, the drive is 300GB, and its warning that there is low disk space, the disk space pie chart shows almost full??

there is a D partition that is purely for backup - its only 10GB?

I have defragged and cleanup usual stuff, could this be bios?
absolutely any info would be a help??
got me stumped???
DMAC

calm yur jets

hi guys- thanks for all the help,
will use the link and find out what shit is stffing the HD..

again cheers for the help

how does turning off this message in the reg solve the issue, if YOU had read the posts, the guy said the pie chart stated disk nearly full.

oh and listen mate, been doing this job for about 15 years, so yes i know a thing or two.

if people don't want my help fine

Me, I will help anyone, and listen to anyone, just like most folk on DW and as I said I gave him options and never, repeat never, said turning off the message would resolve the issue, hence my posting the software link for him to look at his disk. Guess he did that and would take the next course of action.

Just because you've been doing this job "for about 15 years " , that's about 10 less than me, does not give you the right to ask if someone is nuts because you, the so called pro, may not like or agree with what has been said or suggested.

Neither did anyone in this post, I recall, mention not wanting your advise.

Me, I will help anyone, and listen to anyone, just like most folk on DW and as I said I gave him options and never, repeat never, said turning off the message would resolve the issue, hence my posting the software link for him to look at his disk. Guess he did that and would take the next course of action.

Just because you've been doing this job "for about 15 years " , that's about 10 less than me, does not give you the right to ask if someone is nuts because you, the so called pro, may not like or agree with what has been said or suggested.

Neither did anyone in this post, I recall, mention not wanting your advise.

did not mean to disrespect, but disabling the low disk msg is not a fix, asked for file and folder sizes, got none

Guys Chill Out

Everyone makes a mistake now and again. Lets keep it friendly and try and help this guy. Everyone has a wealth of experience which is a help to all on this site. You will find that there are gaps in knowledge and understanding and things that people dont agree with. Lets just try and help out as much as we can and keep it light.

Feel the Love

SFUK

Back