virgin super hub

iain66

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi all my dm500 seems to be disconnecting from the network periodically, I have the box set to dchp it was fine before I had this new super hub any ideas anyone !!!

Seems too be alot of probs atm with them,waiting on new firmware...

a google search on virgin super hubs will explain more

How often is periodically ? Mine did the same for a while, i had to keep switching the router off and on.
regards acercam

it seems to be ok for a few hours then it then will disconect !!! I would try it without dhcp but not sure what the settings should be in network

Is it hardwired or wireless, if hardwired is the router in a position where the wires could be coming loose, and what do you have to do to get it working again every few hours.
regards acercam

Don't know if this will help, but i had a splitter on mine and when i switched the wiring over it seems to work ok,
regards acercam

I dont have a splitter on mine just the hub no virgin tv

So you have the cable going straight to the router and then 1 ethernet cable to your dreambox, sounds like a problem with your ethernet cable,or you could have a faulty box thats overheating.The fact your getting a signal for so long before cutting out suggests to me it could be a problem with the box.
regards acercam

it seems to be ok for a few hours then it then will disconect !!! I would try it without dhcp but not sure what the settings should be in network

It does'nt really matter, so long as the last digit is not the same as any other connections. i.e. if your comp is 192.168.0.1. then set it at 192.168.0.2
regards acercam

how do I turn the ip flood off on the hub

Ian seems to be

Enter 192.168.0.1 into your browser. User=admin Password=changeme.

You will see 3 large buttons in the GUI, underneath click on advanced settings.
Under services on the left hand side appears to give you access to turn off ip flood.

I cant see its my box as it worked fine until I upgraded to 30mb and the superhub

I have just been notified my speed has been doubled by virgin to 20mb I have done a speedtest with thinkbroadband and got 9.8Mbps down and 1.1Mbps up is this about right and is it worth activating my superhub to get a free 30mb upgrade for one laptop 2 mobile phones also a skype phone and a VU+duo connected by wire and a kodak wireless printer

edogg

Last edited:
I have just been notified my speed has been doubled by virgin to 20mb I have done a speedtest with thinkbroadband and got 9.8Mbps down and 1.1Mbps up is this about right and is it worth activating my superhub to get a free 30mb upgrade for one laptop 2 mobile phones also a skype phone and a VU+duo connected by wire and a kodak wireless printer

edogg

When you say "is it worth activating my SuperHub" does this mean it's not currently in use, and you're on another (older) VM modem? If so, YES- get the Superhub into play. Some of the older modems, like the little black model, max out at 10Mbps tops.

Cheers- AL :)

When you say "is it worth activating my SuperHub" does this mean it's not currently in use, and you're on another (older) VM modem? If so, YES- get the Superhub into play. Some of the older modems, like the little black model, max out at 10Mbps tops.

Cheers- AL :)

Hi al yes i am using a motorola surfboard SB5100 with a netgear wgr614v7 but i have read that the super hub is causing problems not liking fixed ip addresses and having poor wifi and the vu is using a fixed ip for ftp into it

edogg

No experience with a VU mate so can't comment on that but VM did upgrade me to a superhub a few weeks ago & I've had no issues at all. WiFi at least as good as my Netgear router was & no reliability problems either.
I did ask them to leave the old ambit in case I had any problems but the engineer said he had to take it away.
HH.

Hi al yes i am using a motorola surfboard SB5100 with a netgear wgr614v7 but i have read that the super hub is causing problems not liking fixed ip addresses and having poor wifi and the vu is using a fixed ip for ftp into it

edogg

Just put into modem mode & use your router !
cheers..

No experience with a VU mate so can't comment on that but VM did upgrade me to a superhub a few weeks ago & I've had no issues at all. WiFi at least as good as my Netgear router was & no reliability problems either.
I did ask them to leave the old ambit in case I had any problems but the engineer said he had to take it away.
HH.

The superhub is made with netgear mate, and you just have to take a look at the virgin broadband forums to see that there is a massive amount of people with problems using it, you must be just one of the lucky ones, which no doubt there is lots of lucky people, but at the same time, there is hoards of unlucky people with poor connections, might be the network, might be the superhub, who knows ? But you can easily see there is a problem when they are running a new beta firmware test starting right about now.

Back