virgin install charges

im on the fone to them just now, glad i called.. ive got a guy from glasgow that can speak the same as me :D

sounds as if i will be getting it installed for free now,

cheers to davihh with the website link. saved me £35..

woohoo

update.... they waved all charges and brought theinstallation foward to the 7th also!!! quality, glad i called and got a decent guy. saved £55quid now.

I owe u a beer Davidh :)

Last edited:
I had mine installed beginning of the month, they only wanted £20 to have it all installed, i was originally on 20mg, then I just had my bill, and I thought that looks cheaper than norm, checked out my bill online, and the £20 I paid over the phone at the time when I was having the 50meg install date etc had come off my bill, so in theory, it didnt cost me jack, oh, and I got the dlink n router and wireless usb adapter

Win Win :)

been on the phone to them yesterday...Took 3 calls to even understand what they were saying...

Was interested in get the 50mb with the price coming down...

Managed to get 50mb with free install and free activation and its only costing me £6 more than what im paying now getting installed an 7th november..

It would be interesting what people are paying for the packages..

50mb
line rental
evening and weekend calls
caller id..
(could have basic tv package for free but have sky hd and dreambox)
Total £42 all in...

im paying 62 quid, tv xl, 50 meg and phone xl or whatever the max is, direct debit which knocks off a fiver thats with caller id as well

i am on this

Telephone Line Rental £11.00
Talk Evenings & Weekends £3.45
Loyalty Pack £-22.70
Free Voicemail £0.00
T V Size: X L £23.00
V+ Box £0.00
Broadband Size: L £25.00
total £39.75

do you think I could get the £18 per month 50meg and keep my loyalty discount?

i am on this

Loyalty Pack £-22.70
Free Voicemail £0.00
V+ Box £0.00
total £39.75

Nope, Im sure that changes mate, you can give it a go, but i seem to remember trying the same trick ages ago without luck

i am on this

Loyalty Pack £-22.70
Free Voicemail £0.00
V+ Box £0.00
total £39.75

i have a loyalty discount of -£17.50. (1/2 price broadband at the time)

i got the 50meg broadband with £3 off my bill, so when i got 50mb they gave me an extra £3 to have it :)

virgin are all about new customers. loyal customers just av their pants pulled down. try talk talk some good deals:BLOBBY:

well i got it for £18 a month and no install charge

nice one :)

oh btw they never give you a contract that they can hold you to, i have threatned to disconnect many many times now and generally get my own way

FECKKEEERRRSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

grrrrrrrrrrr.... maybe I should be in the rant room!!! Oh, I am ;)

Just rang them up and spoke to retention.
Currently XLTV XLPhone and XLBroadband, all for £58pm

Cut down version...
Told them that if I go to build a package I can get all the above with XXL bb for £59pm for 6 months £66 thereafter with free installation.
She said I can have the package for £66 pm plus install and activation (£35 + £20).
Why cant I have free install, thats what the package said.
Ok but you'll have to have the £20 activation fee.
Why not £48 pm for 6 months then. Have you seen your equal for all webpage?
Can't do that offer I'm afraid, I'll pass you to customer services.
Wait.....
Blah blah offer?
I can do the offer but you'll have to pay installation.
But it says free on the internet?
sorry.
Have you seen your equal for all webpage?
I can't do that, I'l pass you to retention.
Wait.....
OMG how many of you do I have to speak to? Blah blah offer?
I can't do that. I can offer you £66 pm + installation.
But the first one said she'd do free install.
Nope, can't do that, nothing on your notes. Its a standard charge.
So if you're new you dont have to pay it?
If thats what the offer says.
Have you seen your treating you all equal webpage?
It's not something I can offer sir.
But the first person I spoke to could?
But sir, if you walked into a shop and saw something but wanted to pay less than the other customers would that be fair; It's a standard charge that I can do nothing about.
I also wouldn't expect, if I walked into your shop, you to offer the same product that I had in my hand ready to buy to somebody else outside just walking past for cheaper just because they hadn't bought anything from you before!
Well I'm sorry sir but I can't waive that fee.
So I can cancel today then as I'm no longer in contract and take out this offer tomorrow for the 48pm + free install?
You'ld have to give 30 days notice sir. And then you wouldn't be able to restart for 3 months.
Where does it state that?
It doesn't but we are a bunch of money grabbing seanuts who couldn't give a fek about your loyal 15+ years with us... sir; Now, move along. I've got a new customer to sign up biatch (She didn't say this bit btw)

Last edited:
If you keep at them they will waive the fee, they can't actually not charge but put a credit on your bill. I had the same problem when i wanted to upgrade to a V+ box and move an existing box to another room.

New customers got it for £49 whereas they wanted to charge me £129 i think it was. I just sat on the phone telling them no i want it for £49 if not i want to speak to a manager to give me a valid reason, I think i said the same sentence to mr call centre about 30-40 times times and eventually they gave in.

Don't give up, be persistent and keep just saying the same thing and ask to speak to someone in charge, they do back down eventually.

I was on the phone for about 40 mins anyways!!
Might try again tomorrow. Anybody getting a better deal I could quote at them?

FECKKEEERRRSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

grrrrrrrrrrr.... maybe I should be in the rant room!!! Oh, I am ;)

Just rang them up and spoke to retention.
Currently XLTV XLPhone and XLBroadband, all for £58pm

Cut down version...
Told them that if I go to build a package I can get all the above with XXL bb for £59pm for 6 months £66 thereafter with free installation.
She said I can have the package for £66 pm plus install and activation (£35 + £20).
Why cant I have free install, thats what the package said.
Ok but you'll have to have the £20 activation fee.
Why not £48 pm for 6 months then. Have you seen your equal for all webpage?
Can't do that offer I'm afraid, I'll pass you to customer services.
Wait.....
Blah blah offer?
I can do the offer but you'll have to pay installation.
But it says free on the internet?
sorry.
Have you seen your equal for all webpage?
I can't do that, I'l pass you to retention.
Wait.....
OMG how many of you do I have to speak to? Blah blah offer?
I can't do that. I can offer you £66 pm + installation.
But the first one said she'd do free install.
Nope, can't do that, nothing on your notes. Its a standard charge.
So if you're new you dont have to pay it?
If thats what the offer says.
Have you seen your treating you all equal webpage?
It's not something I can offer sir.
But the first person I spoke to could?
But sir, if you walked into a shop and saw something but wanted to pay less than the other customers would that be fair; It's a standard charge that I can do nothing about.
I also wouldn't expect, if I walked into your shop, you to offer the same product that I had in my hand ready to buy to somebody else outside just walking past for cheaper just because they hadn't bought anything from you before!
Well I'm sorry sir but I can't waive that fee.
So I can cancel today then as I'm no longer in contract and take out this offer tomorrow for the 48pm + free install?
You'ld have to give 30 days notice sir. And then you wouldn't be able to restart for 3 months.
Where does it state that?
It doesn't but we are a bunch of money grabbing seanuts who couldn't give a fek about your loyal 15+ years with us... sir; Now, move along. I've got a new customer to sign up biatch (She didn't say this bit btw)

That last bit had me spitting coffee over my keyboard :thumbsup:

Well it's time for my rant. My Saturday install came and went rang virgin and low and behold they had no record of my call. To cut a very long story short (about 3hr) the offer I had price wise was not possible so the person just did not bother to process the order, so i was waiting 3 weeks for nothing. It's a shame they have the best speeds( I'm about 10 miles from a bt exchange).

So it's not coming wife has writtern a very long complants letter Togo in the post i know it won't make any difference.......

Back