VIRGIN Free 10mb Upgrade

Ph@ntom

Inactive User
Reaction score
Just Received this E-Mail From Virgin:

We like to give our customers the best service we possibly can. That’s why we’re upgrading your broadband speed from up to 4Mb to up to 10Mb - free. No catch. No strings attached.

An album in a minute
If you thought 4Mb was pretty speedy, wait ’til you try 10Mb. You can download an MP3 music track in under 5 seconds (about the time it took to read that last sentence). A whole album takes less than a minute. And if you put the kettle on, you can download an episode of your favourite soap before it’s even boiled - under 5 minutes for half an hour’s telly.

Get ready for up to 10Mb
Your upgrade will happen automatically. No forms to fill or phone numbers to ring. And because Virgin Broadband comes via fibre optic cable (not telephone wires) your speed isn’t dependent on how close you are to a telephone exchange. It’s all part of our continuous investment in bringing you the fastest, easiest-to-use broadband in the UK.

The upgrade will start during February and will roll out region by region until the end of the summer. Keep an eye on the roll out plan at virginmedia.com/evenfaster for the latest news on your switchover date.

Can you make your Virgin Broadband even faster?
Your connection. Using a wireless or USB connection can slow you down. We recommend using the Ethernet cable in your starter kit; it’s faster, less temperamental, and easier to install.

The cable modem you use. If you’re a broadband L customer and you’ve been with us a while, we may need to upgrade your modem to help you get the most from the new speed increase. Don’t worry – if we do, we’ll do it for free. Just visit virginmedia.com/evenfaster to see if yours needs replacing.

Your PC. To get the most from our broadband service, we recommend your computer has certain specifications. You can find out if yours meets the requirements within our frequently asked questions at virginmedia.com/evenfaster.

For more info on any of the above go to virginmedia.com/evenfaster.

what kind of mickey mouse s*** is this, i didn't get no email about this.
wait im only on 2 mb boardband which is like pishing in the wind.

Last edited by a moderator:
My notification just landed on the doormat. This is very good news indeed, particularly as I have a 'forever' deal with VM for my 4mb broadband at only £16 per month.

The higher speed (especially Upload-wise) should make a big difference to my VOIP phone.

Cheers- AL

Back