viewing dbox onto laptop

harveybham

Inactive User
Reaction score
i have seen somewhere that you can stream video and sound to the pc from the dbox by using the crossover cable can any one point me in the right direction with what software i need

search the forum for Bitcontrol that is the easiest way works well over the network .. till my licens ran out :(
but there are other ways too .. quite a few info around just search a bit

cheers mate that bit control is only for a limited time init. i have wingrab tv installed i had this program a while ago but didnt know i can stream onto laptop with it ! i can change the channels by the program but im not sure how to watch on pc, iv had a look on the forum but still not sure can any one help

All I do is use wingrabtv and copy the videoclient parameter http address into VLC's open network stream option.

It works a treat for me.

sorry what do you mena by videoclient?? and the network stream option ??

harveybham said:
sorry what do you mena by videoclient?? and the network stream option ??
In WingrabTV's Konfiguration menu, there's a box called videoclient.exe. You need to enter the path where VLC is installed. I didn't have to paste the videoclient parameter (http://127.0.0.1:31337/ also from the Konfiguration menu) into VLC, but the first time I started it, I did have to manually set the Audio and Video PIDs, which you can get by typing <dboxip>/control/zapto?getpids into the address bar of your internet browser. Remember to set WingrabTV to launch VLC automatically. When I did this, all I had to close down WinGrabTV and restart, and it loaded VLC and started streaming automatically.

Last edited:
hmmm mate i dont think i have vlc installed its not in my program files is it a seperate file from win grab if so where can i download it from

cheers

harveybham said:
hmmm mate i dont think i have vlc installed its not in my program files is it a seperate file from win grab if so where can i download it from

cheers
http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

0.72 is supposedly the best version if you also want it to stream XVIDs and other videos back to the box.

yessss!!! cheers mate i got it working thanks a lot !! theres a bit of delay like 7 secs but its okay, just wanted to ask is it possible to watch one channel on the pc and another on the actual tv ( im hoping you say yes but i think its no lol)

harveybham said:
yessss!!! cheers mate i got it working thanks a lot !! theres a bit of delay like 7 secs but its okay, just wanted to ask is it possible to watch one channel on the pc and another on the actual tv ( im hoping you say yes but i think its no lol)
No, you would need two tuners for that, although it would theoretically be possible to view different channels on the same transponder, but I don't think any images have support for that.

The 7 sec delay is for buffering.

i see well cheers mate for all your help and thanks again for guiding me through !!

oooppss found a problem when playing back on the dbox i have mounted it correctly and i can see all the files and i can play them. i can play them fine on the pc with no problems with media player classic but when playing back on dbox video is stoping and starting everytime and makes veiewing not very good at all i had to change the ucodes to be able to record sky sports and so on so what can i do now to improve the playback on the dbox

harveybham said:
oooppss found a problem when playing back on the dbox i have mounted it correctly and i can see all the files and i can play them. i can play them fine on the pc with no problems with media player classic but when playing back on dbox video is stoping and starting everytime and makes veiewing not very good at all i had to change the ucodes to be able to record sky sports and so on so what can i do now to improve the playback on the dbox
Not sure. It seems this question has been asked quite a few times, and I don't recall anyone having an actual answer for it, ecxept someone once said it helped to either reduce or increase the rsize or wsize in the mount settings, so that might be worth playing around with, but I don't think it's a universal fix that works for everyone, as it's not usually mentioned.

I have had the problem myself in the past, but it seems to be image specific, as it went away when I changed to another one. At one point I was wondering if it could be the case that some of the more bloated images didn't have enough free memory for buffering or something along those lines. Which one are you using?

hi mate sorry for the dealy to write back im using sportster uk04 1.7 image

harveybham said:
hi mate sorry for the dealy to write back im using sportster uk04 1.7 image
As far as I remember, that particular image played back TS just fine for me, as it was a favorite of mine for a long time, so I guess I can't blame the image. Sorry, I have no other suggestions other than trying to alter the rmode and wmode values, rmode presumably being the relevant one in this case, but it's probably a bit of a shot in the dark anyway.

well thanks for trying mate iv tried a lot of things just wondering could it be something on the pc side of things ?? any one got any other ideas ??

found out what the problem is lol when recording when i move the mouse or open a program up it makes the picture jump when playback on dbox but when playback on pc it is ok very weird problem lol

Back