View first unread post in thread button gone ?

Zigster

Inactive User
Reaction score
Derbyshire. Where men are men and sheep are worrie
What happened to the "view first unread" button at the top of each thread ?
I am convinced it was there and it's been missing for a while.. any chance of re-instating it ?
It was really handy to jump to the first unread post in a thread I either participated in or took an interest in.

I have not removed anything lately?

Where was this feature exactly mate?

Mick

What skin are you using?

On Vivid it's a small round blue button next to the link. I think :).

Could someone do a small screen Grab of where it should be so I know where to look in the templates :)

Mick

Could someone do a small screen Grab of where it should be so I know where to look in the templates :)

Mick

DW screenie.jpg

To be honest Mick, I didn't actually take notice, just used the button, then suddenly realised it wasn't there one day :)
I took a quick screenshot from another forum I use, dunno if it's using the same software but it looks very similar in layout, even though the skin is completely different.

XDA screenie.jpg

Last edited:
Any news ?

I remember the "view first unread" option as well, and the location was a text banner as you said.
I also use vivid, and can't find a small blue button either.

The only problem is I can't be sure it was on this forum. I'm on *******s as well, use vivid on there,
and it's definitely on there as you described. *******s is not as sophisticated as here, but a very common layout.
Are we both getting confused ? Even if we are, it's still a very useful function to have.

Last edited by a moderator:
I remember the "view first unread" option as well, and the location was a text banner as you said.
I also use vivid, and can't find a small blue button either.

The only problem is I can't be sure it was on this forum. I'm on *******s as well, use vivid on there,
and it's definitely on there as you described. *******s is not as sophisticated as here, but a very common layout.
Are we both getting confused ? Even if we are, it's still a very useful function to have.
@ IANB

Sorry about direct mention of another forum. Brain slipped of of gear! :Dunce:

Back