Viark-Starsat Box Discussion

He hasn't got 28.2 either. 13, 19 and 42 from the other posts he's posted.

At astra 28,2 Tandberg/Director encryption was turned off can that be?

Question on which satelittes is Tandberg/director encryption used all satelittes ?expect for 99,2 West?

If you use lyngsat or kingofsat all encryptions are noted fir each satellites.
Kingofsat not always up to date @manic01 as for Tandberg/director encrypted tv channels. Is there a list of all Tandberg/director encrypted tv channels?

Last edited:
i have a Question about the viark sat 4k .if the viark sat 4k restarts why is it then all over the place with encodes only other cas with All encrypted tv channels. And the names like irdeto viaccess seca nageavision conax cryptoworks powervu Biss and tandberg are gone?

i have a Question about the viark sat 4k .if the viark sat 4k restarts why is it then all over the place with encodes only other cas with All encrypted tv channels. And the names like irdeto viaccess seca nageavision conax cryptoworks powervu Biss and tandberg are gone?
It's very hard to understand your question. If my box ever reboots and I don't think i have ever seen it happen then all my channels are in order. You can easily push the sat button choose the satellite you want and select sort and sort the channel how you wish.

Viark sat 4k Problem. Who can help me went into the settings then OSD setting then clicked on Pal with the viark sat 4k remote control nothing works anymore.how do I get Back to the setting help me ??

Attachments

• 20230805_115727.jpg
    20230805_115727.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 9
Viark sat 4k Problem. Who can help me went into the settings then OSD setting then clicked on Pal with the viark sat 4k remote control nothing works anymore.how do I get Back to the setting help me ??
First of all reboot the receiver, then if that fails need to do the usb recovery mode.

Viark-Starsat Box recovery procedure

@Ferret posted

Al credit to ytumas for this guide to return to lower version software on the Sat and 4K

Hello everyone, I will explain how to return to a lower FW PT, we have to have a USB properly formatted in FAT32, then we put the FW PT that we want, it is also valid to install the original v.7.00, I have not tried with lower ones.

1. Format a USB to FAT32.
2. Rename the software to "update.bin" and copy to the USB. (in my case I have put UPDATE.BIN in uppercase).
3. With the Viark completely disconnected from the power supply, we insert the front USB.
4. Connect the power supply and press (hold down) the POWER button on the front of the receiver.
5. The letters USB will appear and without stopping pressing the POWER button, we wait until the letters "-ES-" appear (it takes a while) on the display, at that moment we release it and the recovery will begin, we must wait for it to do all the sequence and leave it until the deco restarts
Note: if the recovery fails, try several more times, as it sometimes fails.

Attachments

• 8.00 VIARK SAT 4K.bin.zip
    4.5 MB · Views: 1
Last edited:
First of all reboot the receiver, then if that fails need to do the usb recovery mode.

Viark-Starsat Box recovery procedure

@Ferret posted

Al credit to ytumas for this guide to return to lower version software on the Sat and 4K

Hello everyone, I will explain how to return to a lower FW PT, we have to have a USB properly formatted in FAT32, then we put the FW PT that we want, it is also valid to install the original v.7.00, I have not tried with lower ones.

1. Format a USB to FAT32.
2. Rename the software to "update.bin" and copy to the USB. (in my case I have put UPDATE.BIN in uppercase).
3. With the Viark completely disconnected from the power supply, we insert the front USB.
4. Connect the power supply and press (hold down) the POWER button on the front of the receiver.
5. The letters USB will appear and without stopping pressing the POWER button, we wait until the letters "-ES-" appear (it takes a while) on the display, at that moment we release it and the recovery will begin, we must wait for it to do all the sequence and leave it until the deco restarts
Note: if the recovery fails, try several more times, as it sometimes fails.
Why is it not possible to reload something whit the remote control?somehow undo?

Why is it not possible to reload something whit the remote control?somehow undo?
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say....

Because you can't see what you are doing, as you only have a blue screen.

My question is, why do you ask so many pointless questions ?

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say....

Because you can't see what you are doing, as you only have a blue screen.

My question is, why do you ask so many pointless questions ?
Because i dont have a USB Stick im not familar with it

Would it go with scart cable?my tv has a scart identiFir in the setting

Back