VERY URGENT : TM600 boot loop

Thanx loftrat , but the tm1000 is a bit different from the linux version tm600.
I do not have a problem with the serial connection and uploading, it just stays in the bootloop after firmware upload ... Anyway i'm testing an old firmware at this moment...

DIGI,

you are the only one that can help or this box needs to be returned to Technomate.

There must have been something with the UR empty directory Update software module.....

The box doesn't want to boot anymore.

I have tried everything . 50 firmware reWrites What should I do with this box

I have tried everything that was written here ????

If other members have / had or still have this problem this hould not be ignored by TM............. !!!!

normally, when the download window is empty, it wont even attempt to download

as you have tried the uboot file, the fix file from the downloadcenter and original files, and all with the same result, it sounds like something has happened to the hardware flash memory somehow

i will see if i can get anything to workvia hyperterminal, but, as serial upload actually works, i cant see hyper beingany different, when i had a 9100 with this problem, it could not be fixed

Thanx for the advice.
I will return it to TM. to be honest. i don't have a very good feeling with these boxes.
There is always something odd or not functioning 100%. It has really come to an end 4me.
I had the same experience with the qboxhd ... 1 year of thinkering and still buggy.
No more. Cheap price and value but it should be stable ....

wolftje

you should ask tm to send you new boot load this should fix your problem
somewhere along the updating you had new or old image mixed up
by downloading new boot load it should fix your problem

Hi Digi, Dr linux,

Oh men have i tried lots of things to revive this box.

I have tried the file with good spirit But No go ... Still having this bootloop.
Anyway, A very big thanx 2 everybody in here. Lots of replies and help. Big Thumbs UP for Digital Worldz and its members !
http://download.for-better.biz/bbs/reply.php?board=problem&num=3

The box is ready to be shipped :) To Technomate Repair...

Last edited:
I have 1 like I said before, am reluctant to send it back to TM due to postage costs to and from Ireland, I asked TM to send me a main board and i'd fit it myself but they said the main board is around 80% of the total cost of the receiver so I dont know what to do, have to say I'm tempted to bin it and get another openmedia 500 like I'm using now, have had it for over 2 years, no trouble at all, no widescreen bug, can take any e1 image and cost less than 60 quid... kinda puts things into perspective doesn't it.

Sending it back to the distributor of TM here in Belgium. defisat NV
So minimal Cost ! (7 euros, 3,5Kg= 7.7Lbs/pounds)
They are gonna ship it with the rest of TM faulty Items.

Admins, Please delete the name of the distributor If this could not be mentioned !

I had this problem on one of my receivers when I upgraded to the latest UR image at that time. I did a factory reset option below the serial boot option and it booted as normal.

Hi Dr linux,

The Box is already shipped. I would have surely tried it. Anything special about this image ? But thanx anyway for the help.

Hi sakiblateef,

Thanx for the information. I had this before with a TM500 and could solve it the way you are describing. but in this case of the TM600.
Nothing works ....Tried many tricks (old/new uboot fix, factory reset, debug flash, flash, ... lots of images ...) ! Digi thinks that there must be something wrong with the flash. Strange thing that I can write in the flash without a problem.

Last edited:
I fixed 1 receiver this morning (non linux tm 3200) thought i was on a roll so dug out the tm600 that has the same boot loop problem as wolftje, tried everything recomended here but to no avail, every time i try to flash an image it goes all the way through to writing to flash, but then times out..its like the flash memory is corrupt or something yet the bootloader file that digidude linked to will write to flash, but still no luck with an actual image, if it were a dm500 etc i'd imagine a jtag might work, anyone done that with a tm600?

I have Asked Digi, No Flash Clean Up procedure for TM linux receivers -Yet-
I have found a JTAG procedure for a TM9100 But not for these boxes ...

Anyway, TM will surely give me a new box so problem solved I guess....

i have gone down the road of buying a new main board and fitting it myself, £49 for board and £9 postage. if it gets me sorted i dont mind but it'l be the last technomate receiver i buy and i buy a fair few being an independent self employed installer....I think its a disgrace that they want to charge me at all, the box was 13 months old when it died. what a difference a month can make...

im pretty sure they have 2 flash banks, a new image is written to one, verified, then written over to the main flash

the boot file is a very small image, so if one of the flash banks is corrupted, the boot image may not fill enough memory to hit the corrupted spot

all flash memory has a finite lifespan

it got 1 flash digi m8, the original 1, then died 13 months later, i accept the fact that products fail but this is just the last straw, have you ever changed a main board, is there anything i should know or watch out for..?

i had another this week, a 3200 d+ 1 of the components on the psu died, luckily i had a replacement capacitor and it solved the problem, again it was just out of warranty, not sure when but no more than 6 months, that along with several other tm models i have had to bin over the years. I have been using the triax sr 110 fta receivers with 0% failure rate in quite a few units installed...

Last edited:
capacitors failing in power supplys is the biggest cause of failure in most electronic equipment, i repair sky boxes, and thats 85% of the problems with them, another 10% is HDD failure and the rest just random mixed stuff

the mainboard just unscrews, and unbolts from the back plate

ive still got a (old) TM5500 that works fine, other than receivers that i have actually killed, ive only had one fail on me, and that was a TM9100 with a corrupted flash

personally, i dont like the 3000 series, but i do install a lot of the 5000/6000 series as theyre so easy to use, and other than a broken CI eject button, my TM1500 is still going strong, as is my TM1000D

Well, to end this thread (mY thread :) ) hehe
I got the box back from technomate, It works like a charm !!!!!
Anyway, I had a good training with that tm600. Gonna install latest UR team and give it back to my friend. Finally

Case solved, and iverybody happy ! (no cost at all)

I have a 1500 & 1000 model, very good gear. I mean when will these boxes give up ? Very good as backup.

Back