Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

VERY URGENT : TM600 boot loop

wolftje

DW Regular +
A friend of mine has the following problem :
Problem : TM600 always worked fine, always did the updates by the Menu Update Panel (UR).

Yesterday after trying to update to the newest UR by using the Menu Software update the TM600 got in a boot loop. Is alyways getting that UR logo but that's it ....

Power UP, factory reset, update image by serial, UR 06/2010 = Boot loop
Power UP, factory reset, update image by serial, Technomate original = Boot loop
Did several factory resets, still remains in the bootloop

So what is going on ???? Is there a magic trick to get this poor tm600 working again ?

I have read and fully understand this thread and info Digi once gave but it the bootloop still stays ....

>>>>>>>
is there a picture coming on the screen during this m8? YES there is a bootlogo > = URteam TM600 one depending on the image?

>>>>>> DONE
first off, do a factory reset via the boot menu, press and hold UP on the front of the receiver while powering on, turn to scart on TV, highlight factory reset and press OK

>>>>>> HAVE NOT YET TESTED THIS AS THE BOX IS NOT HERE.
if it doesnt boot up, and youve loaded the UR image or TM one, try and enter the miniweb (if connected to your network) by pressing and holding the power button while powering up untill a number appears in the front display, now enter this number into a web browser in the format 192.168.1.number

and youll see the update option

>>>>> DONE = NO RESULT
the other way is to hold the UP button again, and choose the serial update method and try to flash again

>>>> I REALLY HOPE SO
but as its starting to boot, you should be able to resolve this

Last edited:
Hi Manic, Thanx for the Uboot

We tried to install this. It was no problem installing by Serial.
Factory reset
Bootlogo UR and nothing ...
Now installing TM original TM600 image
Hope it will run now ? I'll keep you updated withing 20 mins, sloooow

Should I try another Image ?

If you have another Idea feel free to share

UPDATE : still stuck on the bootscreen

Last edited:
If its any consolation I have 1 here doing the exact same thing, it started happening about 6 weeks after the warranty ran out, The supplier doesn't want to know and have been onto technomate and they dont seem to be too forthcoming with a solution, the guy I sold it to is now threatening consumer affairs office if i dont give him a replacement which i dont mind doing but dont want to get stuck with a useless tm600 if there is a way I can resurrect it, please let me know if you get a solution..

His argument ( a valid one) is that although the box is out of warranty it is expected that a product should last longer than just the warranty period.

Hi Guys,

no panic,

I'm sure there is a solution for this problem ......
But it is very strange that after an update by the software panel in UR on this TM600 that after all the things i tried the damm box doesn't want to boot anymore ....
Well i can upload an image whatever I like (TM or UR) also tried the TM600 Uboot, erased a 100 times , no LUCK.

All this was done by Serial. This should work eh guys ??

Am i missing something ? It just doesn't want to boot anymore even with an original TM image i got from here.

Any other ideas ?

Hi Guys,

no panic,

I'm sure there is a solution for this problem ......
But it is very strange that after an update by the software panel in UR on this TM600 that after all the things i tried the damm box doesn't want to boot anymore ....
Well i can upload an image whatever I like (TM or UR) also tried the TM600 Uboot, erased a 100 times , no LUCK.

All this was done by Serial. This should work eh guys ??

Am i missing something ? It just doesn't want to boot anymore even with an original TM image i got from here.

Any other ideas ?

last time i looked at the software update panel in UR it said "UR-Empty" is it possible part of the flashing command is run e.g delete current image but then there no image downloaded to replace it...

I do not know if this could be the problem
Well the guy who owns that tm600 told me he went to the software update and did not find a software(very strange story but I ignored it coz maybe he did an update for all i know ....) and right after that the box crashed into a loop.

Could it be the download you flashed was beta and fooked up your box and UR noticed the bug and removed it?

I do not know what exactly happened !!! If anyone can shed some light or maybe i can do serial backup in order to analyze things ....

I do know I'm trying to help my friend from yesterday evening until today.
We tried already lots of things without any result(well anyway, I got my 500 posts hehe now)

spammer LOL.....

well at least you can flash an image to the box, mine just goes through the motions, gets past erasing flash ok, then hangs on writing to flash, comes up with error message this error is unrecoverable contact the vendor or something like that.

If I recall correctly, we tested this one (coz i noticed this 'fix' from the start) but it gave : hardware is not the same at the end before it could start flashing ?
Anyway, I will have the tm600box tomorow and I'lll try myself with my gear.

Well, thanx digi. it does not work.
The flash worked but Ur team logo comes UP, FLASH on the screen, then reboot ....

Had this problem twice on my tm500s manage to recover as follows. In serial screen select Debug Mode.........Flash Booting, after flash booting serial update, in my case tried the latest update which was 8/10/2010 Failed. Had to start with the first update 4/7/2010 then loaded updates in the order issued rebooting in between. Updates 4 & 5would not load through serial, but managed to do 8/10/2010 through mini web, still had some glitches in programme but the last update 28/12 seems to sorted them out. Hope you get sorted & post solution.

trying as we speak.
I took the latest UR , debug mode serial flash
reboot = loop
Serial flash, 100% DONE

Looooooooooooooooop

Getting frustrated now

ANyone JTAG ? Technomate ????
You can't expect to have me booting for 2 freaking days now ... :)

Could miniweb solve this ? (but to be honest there is no difference between serial & miniweb ?)

Last edited:
Hi Wolftje I note you took the latest update this would not work for me after a lot of naffing around like yourself I got mine going by using the earliest update first

Ok i'll try that.

Any idea what the first update would be ?

Or should I rather take a Technomate original ? and use debug mode and flash it twice ?

Could not get mine to load tm original failed on 73% only other thing I done was powered down & left the box for an hour while I searched forums for a solution dont know if this done anything but serial was the only way I could get anything to work. Good luck

Hi Wolftje this may be worth a read......... h**p://www.techwatch.co.uk/forums/19503-how-to-recover-your-tm1000-after-a-failed-update.html Have you looked at the boot recovery in the down loads section under the heading Problems advice

Last edited:
Back