VERY interesting find

digidude

Sheep worrier.
VIP Member
Reaction score
got a new 3300 to play with, and the official firmware allows the box to read ND$ cards, but only in reader 1 (on the right) after patching both slots will read the cards. i dont know if theyll write updates to the card yet, but they will descramble the channels no problems

unsure about the 3500 (card reader and USB) but will get one to play with soon

now if only it was possible to get the sly EPG going on it :)

Haha, I can see an angry letter from Mr.NDS to Mr.Technomate being written at this very moment.

Rather bold move on the part of Technomate. :)

i did wonder why there wasnt many threads about this series of reciever on 'another' site, i posted something not mentioning any of this, and the thread was closed within minutes lol

im lucky for once ha and is the card you have in a working card or wat way does it work mate

yes crofty m8, its a working card with a paid for subscription

had a play untill about 2:30 with this reciever, and i must say the tuner is the best ive ever used, its so sensitive im getting channels that ive never seen before on some sats, even a few on 7E with a 1.1M dish

Im trying to get it going with the SSSP sharing software so itll connect to card servers, but even if that wont work, the thought of a small box with your freesat card and digitalb card in the same box, without having to do anything to the box, thats simple to use, and a nice price is brill, just what satellite viewers have needed for ages :)

Have you tested it on the 1000 and 5000 series to see if it works on them mate? I don't have a sub card to test myself but nevertheless great find though. :Clap: :Clap:

im sure ive tested before on a 1000 and 5000 series, i just happen to have a 1500 and 5200 with card reader to hand ;)

EDIT:

the card isnt recognised in a 1000 with reader, a 1500, a 5200 with reader, a 5300 or a 6900, but, all of the above recievers have the same sort of base for their original firmwares and patches, software and menu wise a 1000 is a 5200 which is a 6900 (if you get me)

the 3000 series is a whole new thing, the menus are totally different, but keeping a lot of the same functionality, one of the things i like is the 'find' function in the channel lists

now if there was a way of taking the firmwares apart, finding the bit that works the 'multicrypt' card readers and porting it over to a 6900 or a 5400 ;)

im going to have to play with the other 3000 series models i think

Last edited:
im sure ive tested before on a 1000 and 5000 series, i just happen to have a 1500 and 5200 with card reader to hand ;)

EDIT:

the card isnt recognised in a 1000 with reader, a 1500, a 5200 with reader, a 5300 or a 6900, but, all of the above recievers have the same sort of base for their original firmwares and patches, software and menu wise a 1000 is a 5200 which is a 6900 (if you get me)

the 3000 series is a whole new thing, the menus are totally different, but keeping a lot of the same functionality, one of the things i like is the 'find' function in the channel lists

now if there was a way of taking the firmwares apart, finding the bit that works the 'multicrypt' card readers and porting it over to a 6900 or a 5400 ;)

im going to have to play with the other 3000 series models i think

Thanks for trying mate and letting us know the outcome.

i dont know if theyll write updates to the card yet, but they will descramble the channels no problems

I was told the cccam is able to write updates to the cards therefore if the same principle has been applied I don't see any reason for it not to receive updates.

please do have a play lol. you remember the other thing you almost got working fully? you managed to play with that anymore or have you given it the old heave ho lol.

great work as usual digidude

i would be really interested to see if it works with the 6900

:Clap:

at the moment the only way to get a sly card to work in a 6900 is using a dragon cam (or a diablo i do believe) but the cam wont keep the card updated, so approx every 4-6 weeks youll need to put the card back into a proper sly digibox to update it

i thought that was the case m8.

am i correct in thinking that you are working on the theory of taking the part of the firmware in the 3000 and attach it to the firmware of the 6900 so it will auto update?

what id like to do if i could find the software to do it, is take apart both firmwares (3000 and 6900, as well as 1500 and 5400) and try and find what works the card readers, take that from the 3000 and add it to the others

i dont know if its even possible as the 3000 firmware is so much different to the others that its probably very close to impossible

but anything is only impossible untill its been done ;)

good luck with it.

im sure you can work out how to do it :proud:

I think this one may be a lost cause for you mate as the TM firmware is not open source but if you can get hold of the source code and learn how to modify it for these receivers then it would be possible. :)

Edit: A patch was posted for the TM1000 series by someone else once on Al**t forum but no one tried it knowing its Al**t forum the members wanted to stay loyal to DM so anything is possible the source code maybe out there or you could strike a deal with DM lol. ;)

Last edited:
I think this one may be a lost cause for you mate as the TM firmware is not open source but if you can get hold of the source code and learn how to modify it for these receivers then it would be possible. :)

where theres a will, theres a motive m8 thats why so many old ladies have toyboys lol

but yes, like you say, the source code is probably closly guarded, and traceable to source, so even the people who are writing the patches onto the official firmware before renaming and releasing through their 'outlets' probably wouldnt give it up

if only the government was running technomate, its be on a laptop left on a bus somewhere lmao

Edit: A patch was posted for the TM1000 series by someone else once on Al**t forum but no one tried it knowing its Al**t forum the members wanted to stay loyal to DM so anything is possible the source code maybe out there or you could strike a deal with DM lol. ;)

yep, sometimes people can get the actual patch BEFORE darkman releases it, these people are very few and far between, but they do exist ;)

strike a deal with DM over the source code, if he has the source code, i have womans genitals growing in my armpit m8, more chance of striking a deal with murdochs son for an NDS/dragon cam combo lol

just my opionion of course ;)

yep, sometimes people can get the actual patch BEFORE darkman releases it, these people are very few and far between, but they do exist ;)

strike a deal with DM over the source code, if he has the source code, i have womans genitals growing in my armpit m8, more chance of striking a deal with murdochs son for an NDS/dragon cam combo lol

just my opionion of course ;)

Lol. Surely DM must have the source code since he produces patches for the receivers on a regular basis and he does usually incorporate all the latest features from the offical firmware to the patched one. Wouldn't that be enough evidence to know he has it but yes it would be very hard to get if off him.

Lol. Surely DM must have the source code since he produces patches for the receivers on a regular basis and he does usually incorporate all the latest features from the offical firmware to the patched one. Wouldn't that be enough evidence to know he has it but yes it would be very hard to get if off him.

of course he has it m8, thats why the darkman patch, and the clarktech patch are released at the same time, doing the same thing, by 2 different people, even though the clarketech and technomate recievers are the same (some models) if this was the case, wouldnt darkman write the patch for both? and have twice as many 'followers'?

if he writes the patches then why ban discussion about some of its features on his own site, when other sites will talk openly about it? why not just 'write out' the bits of the patch he doesnt want discussed on his site? if hes that good itd be easy for him to take SSSP out of all the patches, especially as 'he' worked so hard getting it in there in the first place

if he writes them and releases them off his own back, how come some people get the patches BEFORE theyre released, some people even get patches that dont get released ;)

just a little sommat to think about

very intresting thread

all i can say is there is more to the eye than it seems.

i've just bought a technomate 5400 and it seems to me that the box is capable of doing things that i may never find it real capabilities...
maybe some more enc systems are hacked but not released to the masses.

:CRYBABY:

Back