Venton unibox HD2 Stuck on booting - Bulging Capacitor

friendzi

DW Regular +
Reaction score
Hi.

I have a Venton Unibox HD2 which has been stuck on booting all weekend. After inspecting i can see a capacitor slightly bulging. Now i can solder a bit but im no expert to maybe change the capacitor or is there anywhere i could buy a new pcb to replace the faulty one, Hoping that will sort the stuck on booting issue?

IMG_20160517_193328.jpg

That capacitor is definitely u/s friendzi. Odds are that just changing that alone will cure your problem.
For a one-off you could probably get the cap from your nearest pricey Maplin shop. Solder 2 connections whilst observing correct polarity and you will likely be up and running again.

Very easy job that mate walk in the park even for someone whos never soldered.

Simple solder sucker will make the job easier.

I've got a pal that can do it for me so finger crossed it will sort the booting issue

Sent from my ONE E1001 using Tapatalk

Yep agree as above, simple job and don't forget to report back as it may inspire another novice to attemt same

UPDATE -

Changed the capacitor and the box booted straight away. Capacitor needed was a 1000uf 10v electrolytic.

Hope this helps someone in the future

UPDATE -

Changed the capacitor and the box booted straight away. Capacitor needed was a 1000uf 10v electrolytic.

Hope this helps someone in the future

Congrats, and thanks for the update, you probably should've replaced it with a 16v version but the 10v will be fine.

Back