Vectra Not talking to Lap Top Computer -

dibbers

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Car broke down yesterday and when you remove spark plug lead no.1 then the engine still misfires if you know what i mean, so removing 2,3 and 4 then makes the enging rattle but as i say spark plug lead one doesn't have any effect so looks like i think it's what we called the coil that has gone. (used to be the coil back in the day but this is an electronic system that does the spark to the plugs what ever it's called.

Any way engine management liight was on but it would not talk to the computer from my car, it's parked up out side the garage at the moment, is it a common fault that the the car wont talk or could i buy the diagnostics equipment and software my self or is it mega expensive to get?

i don't like paying a bloke with a system £30 quid to tell me what the falt is to then go and get it fixed.

Thanks

What car is it mate?

I've got a USB OBD II Can checker that works with Vauxhalls.

Hi mate,

Happy New Year and that

It's a vauxhall vectra 2 litre SRi

Date of First Registration 06 10 1999
Year of Manufacture 1999

I'd need the software is that about?

It is mate, I'll PM you where you can get it.

a mint!

Do you think i could borrow that lead off you? or are they expensive?

It's a lead and a wee box thing with a chip in it, I think it's basically a MAX232 chip and a processor.

Ofcourse you can borrow it. :)

But we'd best try and work out if it will work on your car, AFAIK they are not all interchangeable.

Ah cool, yeah probably a good idea.

(i know this sounds silly and that but never new what AFAIK means...lol, glad i haven't posted this where any one can see it!)

Back