vauxhall vectra b engine management light flashing engine not starting

mike19666

Inactive User
Reaction score
vauxhall vectra b engine management light flashing engine not starting

could be the immobiliser kicking in and stopping the car starting ,,have you drop the key or has the chip fall out of the key ?

do you have a spare key to try ?

might be good to ask a mate to plug a code reader into it ,so you can look up the code to be 100% sure that what it is

what year is the car ?

could be the immobiliser kicking in and stopping the car starting ,,have you drop the key or has the chip fall out of the key ?

do you have a spare key to try ?

might be good to ask a mate to plug a code reader into it ,so you can look up the code to be 100% sure that what it is

what year is the car ?

have not drop the key . no spare key. got some one coming on monday to plug a code reader. the car is s reg

does it try to turn over??

if it does nothing then its immob kicking in

if its turning over then crank or cam sensor
most likely is crank sensor

still not starting

is it getting fuel to engine???
are the injectors opening??
is spark plugs working?? (if its petrol)

need a bit more info like what engine fuel type mileage .etc .etc

i think u should really take it to a mechanic or at least get a fault code reader onit to give u a idea of were the problem is

still not starting

is it getting fuel to engine???
are the injectors opening??
is spark plugs working?? (if its petrol)

need a bit more info like what engine fuel type mileage .etc .etc

i think u should really take it to a mechanic or at least get a fault code reader onit to give u a idea of were the problem is

yes geting petrol spark plugs are working put new one in yes injectors opening thanks i wait till monday now

Have you checked the timing belt has't snapped?

thebigman

Sounds to me like a fault with key possible battery or fault with chip. Is the light working on key

Back