Vat reduction my arse

Manutd4life. Why are you being like this m8. Abuse is not called for. I cant see why he is an idiot. He made a valid point. You wanted to play with semantics to put across a daft point and imv troll for an argument. Everyone else with half a brain seen the point karym6 was making. Even if your tank or anyone elses tank was filled up at each visit. Cheaper fuel prices may encourage more use so the trips to fill up would just be more frequent.
It would be nice to see you apologise to karym6 for the abuse m8. After all its the season of good will. And you would be respected if you did.

The vat reduction is a joke............ eg. subway change thier prices for eating in or out, toasted or not, hot or cold. All blamed on the VAT cut....... why were we not charged extra fro these befor??? grrrrrr

The vat reduction is a joke............ eg. subway change thier prices for eating in or out, toasted or not, hot or cold. All blamed on the VAT cut....... why were we not charged extra fro these befor??? grrrrrr

there is no VAT on cold food to take away, there is VAT though if the cold food is eaten on the premises.
All hot food, takeaway or sit has VAT on it.

that's what the difference is

I work for a retail company and the general concensus here is that we won't be passing on the reduction, as it's only for a year and it'll cause too much hassle. The state of the high street has already driven prices much lower than the VAT cut would have, so it's a chance to recoup some of the losses. Plus customers won't want to see a price increase across the board next year when it goes up again. Not defending it, just giving the retailers viewpoint.

I work for a retail company and the general concensus here is that we won't be passing on the reduction, as it's only for a year and it'll cause too much hassle.

it's not a matter of choice. If you charge VAT you have to now charge it at the rate of 15%.

What you mean is they've used the VAT reduction as a means to keep their prices the same as they were and make more profit.

Any money off is good especially. Just a shame beer was left out

Back