VAT Rasis and O2?

Joe1989

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi all,

Did anyone else get the VAT Message about there contract, and more importantly does anyone know if i could use this to get out a contract, i fancy a new one but this doesn't finish for another three months lol.

cheers

Hi all,

Did anyone else get the VAT Message about there contract, and more importantly does anyone know if i could use this to get out a contract, i fancy a new one but this doesn't finish for another three months lol.

cheers

go into a mobile phone shop cause when u have 3 months left they normally pay it off for u and u take another one on or u can get an upgrade i would have thought

Might do that my n95 is about to die, thanks mate i'll pop in and see what they say.

Usually price increases/decreases due to regulation changes are exempt from get out clauses in mobile contracts.

Historically carriers have negotiated phone upgrades within 120 days of the end of a 24 month contract, 90 days of a 18 month contract and 30 days of a 12 month contract. The exception to this was iPhone contracts, but I've gone to a SIM only contract and we've had the recession since I last had to contact Vodafone retentions.

Have a look at a "SIM only" rolling (30 day) or 12 month contract and buying the phone outright. Whilst there is a larger initial outlay, you'll usually get the phone for cheaper that if it was built into the contract price. You can often get the exact same tariff SIM only for cheaper and/or a shorter contract period. Plus you aren't stuck with the operator branded firmware, which usually results in a better price when it comes to reselling the phone.

Back