v3 vu+ duo stuck on boot (after installing cams?)

after resolving the 2 clones by using the images from the ferrari site my Original vu+duo suffered same fate.
it was left on a channel switched tv on and it was froxen so had to restart from switch on back and it just locks up on loading now..

im gonna try the vix3.0 from august 20th on the downloads as mine is a original that should be fine. (right?)

Im having the same problem on a solo original on both ver 2.4 vix and ver 3 vix on cccam
My duo orig is fine on ver 3 vix with cccam.
looks like im gonna have to try blackhole on the solo

all weekend i had the same issue only once i installed cccam the box would freeze on restart. was completly confused as had always used same image for flashing the duos never an issue untill last 2 boxes last weekend. then i swapped psu with wifes v3 clone so see if psu issue (wasnt) but when i put her box back together and booted same issue.. froze on loading. as said only way i fixed was go onto ferrari forum and download the vix3.0 v2 version (as i hadnt updated the loader to v3.2 to use the vix3.0 v3)

and now today my Original duo crashed restarted via switch and stuck... ive just reflashed with vix3.0 from downloads on here..

all weekend i had the same issue only once i installed cccam the box would freeze on restart. was completly confused as had always used same image for flashing the duos never an issue untill last 2 boxes last weekend. then i swapped psu with wifes v3 clone so see if psu issue (wasnt) but when i put her box back together and booted same issue.. froze on loading. as said only way i fixed was go onto ferrari forum and download the vix3.0 v2 version (as i hadnt updated the loader to v3.2 to use the vix3.0 v3)

and now today my Original duo crashed restarted via switch and stuck... ive just reflashed with vix3.0 from downloads on here..

Before i try bhole i will try vix again but will not select restart cams on boot. see if that makes a difference. Would mean having to manualy restart cams every time it rebooted tho

where the option to restart cam on boot with vix?

i find on one box im forever having to restart/enable cccam

have you also tried mgcamd see if thats same?

Theres a big thread over on Ferarri forum on why VIX 2.x images are hanging on reboot after CAM is installed or cam config is modified. It appears that after reverse engineering some VIX code Ferarri forum found that after installing a CAM or modifying a cam config it triggers a VIX update check on reboot.
VIX have removed the GIT for 2.x images as they are no longer maintained hence when the update check runs and finds the GIT is no longer online it causes the reciever to hang.
So basically why this behaviour has only started recently is because VIX have recently deleted the GIT for the 2.4 images, which causes the update check to fail.

Last edited:
Theres a big thread over on Ferarri forum on why VIX 2.x images are hanging on reboot after CAM is installed or cam config is modified. It appears that after reverse engineering some VIX code Ferarri forum found that after installing a CAM or modifying a cam config it triggers a VIX update check on reboot.
VIX have removed the GIT for 2.x images as they are no longer maintained hence when the update check runs and finds the GIT is no longer online it causes the reciever to hang.
So basically why this behaviour has only started recently is because VIX have recently deleted the GIT for the 2.4 images, which causes the update check to fail.

That explains a lot but i had it doing it on an original solo and installed ver 3 vix and it still did it. I could only get it working on ver 2.3 vix or Blackhole.

Mate we deleted the GIT last august plus the image never actually connected to the GIT, the GIT is only used to build the images from the files it holds. it's the Update server that has changed since we created the OE-Alliance and moved to the stable / unstable system for image updates.

ahhh, just seen this thread - I have gone to using BH cos of the reboot loop problem after installing a CAM and then selecting auto-start.

Is there actually a fix for this? DO we need to tell the box to stop auto-update? I still have telnet and ftp access to the box when it's stuck in the loop :)

I prefer the EPG on vix but BH seems to be more stable and have more support for plugins etc?

If you are able to connect to the box using DCC the you could try adding the line:

config.softwareupdate.check=false

to the file /etc/enigma2/settings this should turn off the check for updates.

I havent had this problem even after reflashing VIX 2.4 last clonesafe build, software updates in the image menus's are set to off. But I havent made any changes to the softcam configs since I first setup the image. I might try messing with the cam config just to see what happens.
Worst comes to worst, i'll just reflash a different image ...

Forever? or just until i make a change to the cam settings again?

The check for updates settings is nothing to do with the cams so it should set it to forever, until you decide to turn it back on.

Well, just tried it and it doesn't fix the boot loop - VIX spinner still spins on boot and then stops after a few mins and box is unresponsive to any RC input.

Back to BH for me until this is fixed...

Well, just tried it and it doesn't fix the boot loop - VIX spinner still spins on boot and then stops after a few mins and box is unresponsive to any RC input.

Back to BH for me until this is fixed...

What exact image were you using ?.

The reason i ask is because if you were using ViX 2.4 then there will never be a Fix as we abandoned that image and deleted it's GIT a long time ago. ViX 3.0 is the only image that's still supported and worked on but in time when a new revision is released that too will go the same way.

Personally i find it very amusing that a lot of users are shying away from ViX for it's so called anti clone stance when BH is based directly on the Vu OI image as that makes it a lot easier for Vu to release updates to deal with clones if they choose. Although to be honest i cant See Vu bothering much now as they are more concearned with the solo2 and duo2 but i could be wrong and it would not be the first time thats been the case.

What exact image were you using ?.

The reason i ask is because if you were using ViX 2.4 then there will never be a Fix as we abandoned that image and deleted it's GIT a long time ago. ViX 3.0 is the only image that's still supported and worked on but in time when a new revision is released that too will go the same way.

Personally i find it very amusing that a lot of users are shying away from ViX for it's so called anti clone stance when BH is based directly on the Vu OI image as that makes it a lot easier for Vu to release updates to deal with clones if they choose. Although to be honest i cant See Vu bothering much now as they are more concearned with the solo2 and duo2 but i could be wrong and it would not be the first time thats been the case.

Its not just clones its affecting though people including me have had boot loop issues on cccam install with original boxes on vix images

Its not just clones its affecting though people including me have had boot loop issues on cccam install with original boxes on vix images

All i can really say is out of my 4 Genuine Vu receivers not one of them has had any issue with any Version of the ViX 3.0 image and all of them are running the latest build ( 607, not yet released ) with CCcam 2.2.1.

Try enabling debug logs, maybe they might give an indication of what the box is doing.

Back