V+ box

nworulz

Member +
Reaction score
Just been given 2 v+ boxes and they are a load of shite without the paired card.
The recording functions etc dont work so its pointless lol.
Are they supposed to work without card the fta channels work and thats it i thought bbc hd would work but i was wrong?
Do they work for anyone without paired card?

Just been given 2 v+ boxes and they are a load of shite without the paired card.
The recording functions etc dont work so its pointless lol.
Are they supposed to work without card the fta channels work and thats it i thought bbc hd would work but i was wrong?
Do they work for anyone without paired card?

Mate, they do work (you can get fta channels, including bbc HD) without a valid BK providing your net id is correct - make a fun card with the correct IRD - you can convert the number into hex from bottom of the box, which will be your IRD!

i do have the right net id but there is no card in the box? does there have to be one

I tried that never work do i just write the eeprom or both with the flash?

Last edited by a moderator:
Mate download chaos V3 package from here....

https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/7679/4

Follow the instructions in "Auto Update Tutorial by ice2004.doc" document.

Put your IRD in "RHv1_EEgen (generates ext eep).exe" and generate a new file.

Pragram Fun Card with these files....

Tried it and did not work. any other ideas.
These are the files i used with my ird inputted.
Any other ideas?

Last edited by a moderator:
Mate, when you say it doesn't work what do you mean exactly?

Are you programing the car dcorrectly? Have you done a fun carrd before?

What is the card status in Diag mode?

iit says ok in the menu i have done a funcard before.
i am programming the card how i normally do it.
What is not working is that the recording functions dont work and it says card is invalid or not inserted properly.

Mate, they do work (you can get fta channels, including bbc HD) without a valid BK providing your net id is correct - make a fun card with the correct IRD - you can convert the number into hex from bottom of the box, which will be your IRD!

i have a box from another area and am in pure ntl but i converted nagra serial from box and got ird but didnt work just got vm screen and didnt recognize net id . i used nsc but only has pace or samsung to choose from - do you need to use windows calc instead

do you need to use windows calc instead

Mate, just choose Samsung option in NSG - its the same for SA boxes

i have a box from another area and am in pure ntl but i converted nagra serial from box

I don't think it will automatically set the NetID if the BK is not correct - you'll have to lift the chip and then set the id via Atmega card method (use the search button for more information)

Last edited:
try the atmega net id change before you lift any chips some people can get it working without blanking any chips

Mate, just choose Samsung option in NSG - its the same for SA boxes

I don't think it will automatically set the NetID if the BK is not correct - you'll have to lift the chip and then set the id via Atmega card method (use the search button for more information)

tried that and set the def freq to 755.000 which is what i have in cardiff and were in pure but still got vm screen - do you need to put def freq to something else first or what - cheers

tried that and set the def freq to 755.000 which is what i have in cardiff and were in pure but still got vm screen - do you need to put def freq to something else first or what - cheers

Check your netid mate.....I'm down the road from you and when I had a V+ from another area the funcard netid method wouldn't work I had to replace the chip...

And when it wasn't working for me all I would get is the VM screen...

any ideas on what i should do instead of people hijacking my thread

but i do want to use the recording features and on demand has been mentioned.
Anyone know what is wrong with my image?

Mate, I know you got the correct frequency for your area but is your "net-id" correct?? - you can check on page 2 in diag mood!!

If your net-id is coreect pm me your ird and bk and i will make an autoupdate fun-card image for you.

Cheers!

Back