Utorrent Speed Views Needed!!

faisalpandu

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Hello

I have seen peopel saying they get download speed of 16MB on a 20MB connection when downloading on torrents. I use a clone modem with 10MB and an ethernet connection and get download speed maxmum of 1.1MB. I wanted the view of people who use torrents to see what download speed they get and what speed they subscribe to.

Cheerz

Hello

I have seen peopel saying they get download speed of 16MB on a 20MB connection when downloading on torrents. I use a clone modem with 10MB and an ethernet connection and get download speed maxmum of 1.1MB. I wanted the view of people who use torrents to see what download speed they get and what speed they subscribe to.

Cheerz
As it is a torrent, the download speed will vary.

The more connected seeds there are then the faster your download will be. However, your download will slow down as you get more of the file by design. The reason for this is that unless there is a huge amount of people downloading the same file ahead of you, there will be less of the completed download available to you.

i get 1.17mbs on a 10meg and 2.24 on 20meg..these are max speeds.

No guys, seriously - there is no concept of a max speed with torrents. The only things that will control the speed of a download is the amount of seeds offering the file, their upload speed and your ISP....

And, when looking at bit torrent download speeds you need to take the average speed, not the one you see going up and down in the client..

No guys, seriously - there is no concept of a max speed with torrents. The only things that will control the speed of a download is the amount of seeds offering the file, their upload speed and your ISP....

And, when looking at bit torrent download speeds you need to take the average speed, not the one you see going up and down in the client..

ok my average speed is 1.1

i getting the same as these guys on 20 meg also(average) but i may select the 100mb option on utorrent to see if myspeeds change, also on the newsgroup client i hit these speeds too.

it just depends on a number of things what speed you get on torrents

one day i could get full 2.3MB/s other days on teh same torrent i could get 1.2KB/s

you wont max out your connection on every torrent all the time

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

Is anyone confusing Mbps and MBps? That's what it looks like and if so then a 10Mbps ( Mega bits per second ) line will download around the 1MBps mark ( 1 MegaByte per second ).

Is anyone confusing Mbps and MBps? That's what it looks like and if so then a 10Mbps ( Mega bits per second ) line will download around the 1MBps mark ( 1 MegaByte per second ).

yip connections are sold in bits and downloads are calculated in bytes

8 bits in a byte

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

lol i probably am, nm how do i work it out then.

i think changing it from caps to not caps is stupid, should be abbreviated summit else ffs

If you're not maxing out your connection, I suggest you find a better torrent site :p

Back