Utorrent Speed Views Needed!!

a 2Mbps download (thats 2 megabits) would mean you would get 256 kilobytes added to your disk per second, theoretically.

That's about right, yes.

No, you cannot use a bit torrent download speed to average out bandwidth.

ill just leave it as i think the two top answers contradict themself's, dont they?

im getting more confused

i was getting my average from a nzb.

cheers

lol dont get mad as im into this side lol

ill just leave it as i think the two top answers contradict themself's, dont they?

im getting more confused

i was getting my average from a nzb.

cheers

lol dont get mad as im into this side lol
Ok, if you are downloading at 2 megabits per second then you are writing 256 kilobytes of data to the disk every second. This is in an ideal world of course.

Ok, if you are downloading at 2 megabits per second then you are writing 256 kilobytes of data to the disk every second. This is in an ideal world of course.

If I change your figures to the ones manutd4life posted then maybe it'll help both of you. I don't see why you both are confusing each other as it's simple really.

"Ok, if you are downloading at 16 megabits per second then you are writing 2048 kilobytes of data to the disk every second. This is in an ideal world of course."

2048kilobytes = 2 Megabytes or to be really awkward 2 Mebibytes

Hello

I have seen peopel saying they get download speed of 16MB on a 20MB connection when downloading on torrents. I use a clone modem with 10MB and an ethernet connection and get download speed maxmum of 1.1MB. I wanted the view of people who use torrents to see what download speed they get and what speed they subscribe to.

Cheerz

just to clear this up a bit you are getting top speeds. your friends are getting 16-20megabits
which is 2.0 - 2.5 megabytes per second. you are getting 1.1 megabytes which is 8.8megabits per second - not at all bad on a 10meg connection.

just to clear this up a bit you are getting top speeds. your friends are getting 16-20megabits
which is 2.0 - 2.5 megabytes per second. you are getting 1.1 megabytes which is 8.8megabits per second - not at all bad on a 10meg connection.

Thanks mate that has cleared it up. much appreciated

basically if your connection is a 10mb connection, downloading at 1mbps is pretty much the connection maxxed out 2mb on a 20mb line etc as said before, the science behind it is to do with bits and bytes but thats the jist, and all you really need to know :p

Back