Using the spark side? channel list and cccam or mgcam etc?

GavinP

Inactive User
Reaction score
Id like to fiddle with the spark side of these boxes but am struggling to find anything out?

Firstly i need a channel list and how to install it?

Then a good cam and how to enter the details ??

cheers people!

It is easy enough to load a channel list on spark you just put it on a usb stick then go to menu>system>upgrade>database transformer, then I think you press the green button to load channel list. But the problem is finding a upto date channel list.
Entering the details in a cam is done pretty much the same as E2 by ftp, location of key file is slightly diferent I thinkin usr instead of var.

Is the support for the spark side of these boxes getting any better now? Is anyone making custom images using spark as a basis? I'm thinking about getting hold of either the Golden media spark reloaded or triplex on Tuesday so am looking for all and any onfo before I finally set my heart on a box! It'd be interesting to find out how people find spark as an operating system for linux boxes as they are still relatively new to the scene! I take it they still have the channel and EPG issues?

Is the support for the spark side of these boxes getting any better now? Is anyone making custom images using spark as a basis? I'm thinking about getting hold of either the Golden media spark reloaded or triplex on Tuesday so am looking for all and any onfo before I finally set my heart on a box! It'd be interesting to find out how people find spark as an operating system for linux boxes as they are still relatively new to the scene! I take it they still have the channel and EPG issues?

In my experience the activity on the Spark side is still limited compared to enigma2. But picture quality is good and it's decent enough for an end-user.

Back