Using Clone DM800 as CCCAM Server

Yeh that's right CCCAM will action changes of package emms just fine...

still not clear on this

White Sly NDS3 / DM800 / CCcam 2.1.3 / usb smargo

does this combination work?

still not clear on this

White Sly NDS3 / DM800 / CCcam 2.1.3 / usb smargo

does this combination work?

you dont need the usb smargo if you using only the sly in DM800. Prob only if you running more than one card or for debian linux setup for running more than one card.

Has anyone cooked there sly card yet ? ive tried it in mine and it does get hot, bought a omnikey3121! off ebay but dont know anything about newcs any pointers would be helpful.

happy new year everyone

hi i have mine in a 500s and have not noticed it get that hot, it is as hot as it were when it were in the proper box, if it allways blows u can get it replaced without too much hassel

Coming back to the subject server vs DM.
I experienced both. A Clarkconnect linux server and DM500/800hd.
Both worked fine with CCcam.
As I only share 1 card...the advantage goes to the DM CCcam server because:

- it is always on
- no extra power consumption
- MOST IMPORTANT : as I am of course also a CCcam client, I don't loose 1 hop due to an extra server !!! As most CCcam users only permit 1 reshare level, an external server blocked all access when my DM was behind !!!

yes that combination works.

I can't get the sports & movies channels to work, all the others are fine

However in the internal reader (with the boxkey added BOXKEY: /dev/sci0 xx xx xx xx) all the channels are ok but as mentione d on here it does run very hot and would prefer to have the card in the smargo

I've tried adding the boxkey to the smargo (BOXKEY: /dev/usb/tts/0 xx xx xx xx) but no luck

you need to change the boxkey line to this.

BOXKEY : /dev/ttyUSB0 xx xx xx

it's working now setup like this

BOXKEY: /dev/usb/tts/0

not sure why is wasn't working before

i heard you can connect a usb hub to the dm800 with more smargo card readers attached.has anyone tried this.

This is what im after. Im going to buy a dm800hd and insert sly card and share with say 3-4 friends. But will my friends who I give my cline too incur stuttering whenever I download things my end? Im on vermin media 10mb if this makes a difference?

Im also going to be sharing my sub and receiving c-lines, if this makes sense? Again would I incur stuttering?

Back