Using Android Phone On Ipod Dock?

alonso

Inactive User
Reaction score
I've been on apple for a few years but now moving to android, I have a radio at work that has ipod dock which I use often. Is there any way I can connect my new android to the dock to play music?

I've looked online for some sort of cable or connector but not found anything..

For older 30-pin apple connector AFAIK, there is no option for converting the apple connector to micro-USB, As mentioned your best hope is if you have headphone / line in on your dock and connect that to audio out on phone. Most android handsets support track forward / rewind / pause through the headphone connector if your dock supports controlling the device that way.

Another defectee- that's what I like to hear, free from the shackles of App£e. (About to do the same myself). If there isn't currently a proprietary adapter, I'm quite sure it wouldn't be difficult to make one. What happened to your old device? Did it die or did you manage to palm it off on some mug? If it's dead I imagine you'd be able to extricate the dock socket & connect up the appropriate pins to a defunkt headphones lead. It's the sort of stuff I get up to when I'm bored.....

Edit: Thinks- there IS an adapter- uses Bluetooth: Sits on the dock like an i-thing & picks up audio from a BT device.

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

Back