Urgent warning for Eurovox owners

I have tried everything I can think of with jtag etc but to no avail

Has anybody got this working with another software using jtag except skymax?

Taken from elsewhere, How to detect if you have a cloned Eurovox Max.

I have tried everything I can think of with jtag etc but to no avail

Has anybody got this working with another software using jtag except skymax?

The other common fault is the power supply can you check to see where you connect the vcc you are getting 3.3v. If you are getting anything like 2.5v then the 1000mf capacitor has mostly likely blown.

tmc

For all those people that are looking at Ebay to buy a Eurovox II (red box), the answer is don't. They are all clone boxes, Eurovox stopped making them ages ago, therefore they are not in circulation, however if they are on ebay then it is definitely a fake, I have got all this information from a reliable trader, and if you want to buy these boxes, buy it from a reliable trader not any old person who seems to be the cheapest

Also if you are going to buy from ebay then get the 2008 version as they are still genuine at the moment.

I have a Eurovox Max 2006 - original,not a clone as far as I can tell from the pictures doing the rounds. It dates from December 2006 so I guess the warranty has had it.

It threw up the "Contact your Dealer" message, the LEDs chased in a circle for a second and the box shut down, now it's stuck in standby with the red LED lit.

I can't connect to it by JTAG, either a homebrew or a retail JTAG. One thing I have noticed is that the flash on the board (U401) appears not to be an Intel or a Samsung flash chip, it has a yellow spot and is labelled "Spansion" with an arch logo. It also has the markings S29AL016M90TFI01 06198QA (c) 2004 Spansion. This has thrown me completely, as I haven't heard of this make of flash before in relation to Eurovox boxes. Which files should I use to be able to reprogram this make of flash if it needs reflashing?

Any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks

Merlin

I have a Eurovox Max 2006 - original,not a clone as far as I can tell from the pictures doing the rounds. It dates from December 2006 so I guess the warranty has had it.

would they put spansion chip in original

the webstar modems got them and there useless

and as for files you gotta use would imagin using tsop flash for your model depending on what colour of box it came in and of course a 48tsop progger

Last edited:
Back