***urgent help required***

Darkstar

Banned
Reaction score
Bought an brand new 60Gb xbox 360 on monday.

Found out its a Liteon so took it to a shop today to get it flashed. Got it home and was playing for about an hour when I got the 3 red rings. When you switch it on there are 3 rings flashing and absolutely nothing on the tv screen.

Is that normal?

Has the guy screwed anything up when flashing it? Seems weird that it was working and then just went off.

As I bought it only 2 days ago from Morrisons,do you think I should take it back there or will they say I have to go through MS?

Don't know where I stand on this and need help urgently.

Very unlikely he has caused it , i would take it back to morrisons for a replacement.

Its ok I've sorted it. Thank god!

I followed this tut:

Over on another forum they listed how to decipher what your Xbox360 is trying to tell you when you get the three rings of light. There is a code that will flash if you hold down the "Synch" button (White button near the memory slot) and press the DVD Eject button. You will notice the quadrant of lights illuminate and each time you press the eject button you will get a different code.

It breaks down to this:

All four lights illuminate = 0
One Light = 1
Two Lights = 2
Three Lights = 3

Example:

Turn on your "dead" xbox. Wait for the 3 red lights. Once you get them hold the "Synch" button and the eject button down simultaniously. All four lights flash. (0) Press the eject button again and only one light (1) press again and all four light up (0) press again and two lights (2). Error code is 0102. compare this code to the table below to find out what is wrong with your X360. Is it overheating? Power Cord? Hardware?

The Code I got is 0102 which means the computer does not know the problem as it is not hardware or heating or anything like that. Could be dust, loose solder or static! I use a can of compressed air and my X360 IS BACK!!!!!! I do not know for how long but I played last night for several hours and had not one Hiccup. This after a whole week of the dreaded RINGS OF DEATH!!

Here is the list ( Thank You to KILLTACULAR for posting this!!)

0001 power supply problem
0002 power supply problem
0003 (not yet known)
0010 over heating
0011 over heating
0012 over heating
0013 over heating
0020 (Not yet known, possibly overheating)
0021 (not yet known)
0022 GPU Error / GPU Overheating
0101 (not yet known)
0102 unknown error - literally means the console does not know what is wrong. Possibly a short or cold solder joint somewhere (2 reports of people repairing this, one was removing moisture build up inside the console, the other used a hot-air rework to reflow the BGA Ram chips)
0110 Memory Error / Memory Overheating
1003 Hard Drive Error... It could be a problem with the Hard Drive itself or a problem with the internal connection to the hard drive, Try removing the hard drive and playing without it
1010 Hard Drive Error, Can be caused buy a currupt or missing Eprom.
1013 (not yet known)
1020 (not yet known)
1022 AV cable error... There is a problem with the AV cable, try using a different AV cable. (could also be a problem with the encoder chip)
1030 (not yet known)

Found it was a power supply problem. The brick is underneath a unit and you can't see it until you get down on your hands and knees. The plug from the wall into the brick had worked its way loose and the brick was showing a red light...pushed it back in hard and voila.

Thank fcuk for that. I shit myself then......

defo back to where you bought it mate, flashing it won't cause RROD....

EDIT : ahhh just seen above post...

I also have the same problem (ish). Xbox went to E74 one light, so i cleaned the GPU, put some new compound on it and it worked fine... For a few days. So i bought the kit and fitted it now its gone to 3 red lights and when i try to get that code (synch and eject) i get 0031 which isnt on that list. Any ideas?

The 0031 error occurs when the heatsink makes improper contact with the GPU or CPU.
The heatsink screws are too tight.

Back