upvc door locks, "you might need to change them"

benny59

DW Regular
Reaction score
might be an idea to get your front door locks checked out lads, {a couple of taps on the lock makes the pins drop in the barrell, "so basicly you can use any yale type key to open it".

the flat yale type locks are ok, "its the protudeing yale type on upvc doors you need to worry about"

changed my locks about 8 months ago when it wasn't widely known-------its now on the net and in a few mags

That must be what has happened to ours. I can unlock the back door with the front door key but not open the fron with the backdoor key.

You can make a key that will open even the new ones. Opens most doors. Something like a skeleton key.

I want to test this, do i insert a key 1st then tap the lock?

I want to test this, do i insert a key 1st then tap the lock?

there's a couple of methods for doing it m8 {only takes seconds}----was reading about a 7 year old doing it in a mag.

these type of locks are crap --------------------think of the recession , "might be a load more burgalers on the streets if it gets realy bad

With ours I think it is from just slamming the door it shook the lock and not the pins must be fecked.

I think this is being confused with the 'bump key' method which requires a 'blank' key and with a bump the pins jump up and as before they come down you quickly turn the key.

Our door doesn't require that, just any other Yale type key. I think I need to get a new lock. :Cry:

This can be done on many types of lock , just google "lock bumping" its been around a while , but not many places will cut keys to the deepest grove without asking any questions !!!!

Both my front and back door locks are white PVC with those raised Yale locks, this is worrying.

I have the raised ones, they sit out about 4mm. I locked the door and tried with my other yale key, give it a good few taps with a wee panel pin hammer and couldnt get it to work...not that I wanted it to work. I aint saying it doesnt work, just that I would make a lousy burglar.

youve only got to put a adjustable spanner on the eurolock .once youve renched the handles off and snap the lock in half . not a lot of force needed really for what ever types in there. do this at work when we got no keys to locks there is only about 4mm of steel on the lock around the screw what holds the lock in position snap it lock falls apart its a joke really...

bump keys do work but you got to have the knack to do it. not as easy as ripping the lock out 3 secs max and your in lol.

and if your screws what hold your handles on are on the outside which they shouldnt be well that saves rippin the handles off just unscrew the handles snap and in

Last edited:
bump keys do work but you got to have the knack to do it. not as easy as ripping the lock out 3 secs max and your in lol.

I don't really want to be able to do it but I dont want others to either, I am just testing my security....how the hell they will get past the electric fence I dont know but incase they do i want safe doors.

Lock bumping is the least of your worries if the barrel protrudes from the door by more than a few mm. The euro style cylinders have an inherant flaw which means you can snap them very easily.

I personally dont think its worth getting scared about - lets face it, if a theif wants into your house they will always get in.

edcase

how the hell they will get past the electric fence I dont know but incase they do i want safe doors.

lmao and the pill box

at the end of the day m8 if they want to get in they will and nothing will stop them im afraid

Lock bumping is the least of your worries if the barrel protrudes from the door by more than a few mm. The euro style cylinders have an inherant flaw which means you can snap them very easily.

I personally dont think its worth getting scared about - lets face it, if a theif wants into your house they will always get in.

edcase

I just said that couple of posts earlier lol

Brooksy has an interest in security, either that or he had a mis-spent youth lol

Back