upgrading tomtom 5 to tomtom 6 or above

slaphead1726

Member ++
Reaction score
hi guys been out the seen for a while with tomtom. anyway i have got tomtom 5 installed on my dell axim x5 works great just feel now i am being left behind with it now so being having a go to install tomtom7 i have been reading the notes but i cannot get any of it to work.. i have been using TomTom 7 on PDA - Instructions from devil66x which shows it works but it must be me.
what i am doing is unistalling tomtom 5 all together from my pda then following the process from devil666x, i install the cab file, it installs but when i come to run tomtom 7 an error messages says it cannot find tomtom navigator?. the rest rest of the process i cannot do due to this.. i am hoping someone else is been having the same problem down the line..

any help would be great..
king regards

Hello mate, i've never seen or used Dell aim so the first thing would be to see if itis fast enough and has enough RAM because it be pointless if it is extremely slow.

Secondly, its giving you that error message because it has failed to install something. Does it give an error message when you are installing? Are you installing to phone memory or the memory card?

hi devil666x yes mate i put the cad file onto the sd card then i install it from the sd card.so i think that it is installing to the memory card and yes it is giving me an error message when installing

thanks for your reply

hi devil666x yes mate i put the cad file onto the sd card then i install it from the sd card.so i think that it is installing to the memory card and yes it is giving me an error message when installing

thanks for your reply

Whats the rror message you are getting?

have you uninstalled every single tomtom file, ie, from the add remove programs as well the tomtom5?

hi devil666 i have gone back to tomtom 5 i am sure it was saying cannot find tomtom nav rerun the software.. hope this rings a bell will have to have another go to so i can read the error message proper..
thanks for helping me devil666x

hi devil666 i have gone back to tomtom 5 i am sure it was saying cannot find tomtom nav rerun the software.. hope this rings a bell will have to have another go to so i can read the error message proper..
thanks for helping me devil666x

if you use msn let me know i will run through it with you from start to finish.

Back