Upgrading internal HDD

Oily

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
So I've been using an 500gb external HDD on my JTAG to run my games from,I've 'customised' it so it has 32gb for game saves/content etc and so the Xbox recognises it.My plan was to remove the 20gb internal and replace it with the 500gb,I've transferred all the files over from the 20gb to 500gb so its like for like but now the Xbox says the 500gb is 'unformatted' when I've gone to plug it in?

Have I missed something?

That's because your 500GB is formatted to FAT32 while the internal HDD is using a different format. To get the 500GB HDD working as an internal HDD you'll need to place it into the caddy and format it from the 360 storage menu settings. Obviously you'll need to backup your hard drive content before doing so or they all will be lost.

So I've been using an 500gb external HDD on my JTAG to run my games from,I've 'customised' it so it has 32gb for game saves/content etc and so the Xbox recognises it.My plan was to remove the 20gb internal and replace it with the 500gb,I've transferred all the files over from the 20gb to 500gb so its like for like but now the Xbox says the 500gb is 'unformatted' when I've gone to plug it in?

Have I missed something?

Back