Upgrade sim1

oh i see, dang, it's like every thing that we purchase these days, out of style about 24 hours later, (just made a new PC and all ready dated!....lol) so you've gone up a version or two by the looks of it then, i was under the impression that you'd be able to update the simm to the same as the latest version etc, (if there all the same inside) then again i have no idea how these things work really, openly admit it, nearly gave some one an image to flash the other day (good job he didn't as it was an SE and i presumed, yeah never presume they say, and i nearly learned me lesson then...) but phew some one stepped in and stopped me, (like the day i flashed me sagem with the wrong boot loader and you had to keep pushing the power in and out at exactly the right nano second to catch the boot, phew that was a hair raiser!, less than 24 hours old it was!.

The machines must all be the same in side then apart from then simm really, what you think?

I wish you good luck with it and hope you get it sorted. (i had a bone to pick with PLI-! lol, just hated it, but then again i was on an old rear screen projector 50 inch job from 1987 the 1st one ever made, and then ran the scart via an AV switch and then to my TV so as you can imagine the picture wasn't that good, it was a good TV to listen too! and i think because of the TV i hold PLI some how responsible for the lack of colour and washed out images! as you can imagine my eyes were having an orgy once i hooked up my 1st flat screen not so long ago, and since then I've had the black hole image on it which I'm loving, hope you can get it for yours should PLI fail.!)

So yeah probably not the image at the time.

i was wondering has any plugged the simm into a reader to see what is on it? just wondering if you could copy/clone the simm and use any standard replacement in say your dream to update it to the latest sim like 2.1, like copy the details of a 2.1 simm to your simm or am i being totally un-realistic?..lol, i like a challenge and if i didn't ask that question some one else was thinking it!

I blame the paint! (just glossed 4 doors!) and in between been pulling this "rig" apart, time to relax and mess on with the "dream box" ...maybe.....

Last edited:
All sorted now, download the softcam from openpli plugin download section, this seems a good image very stable and good picture. thanks for all your help Mark.

i also have the same image as stelladrinka, which image from ferrari did you load on your box to update from bl72 to bl82.
Thanks

hi guys just wanted to ask if you could help me upgrade my dm800 bl72 sim t1 to bl82 so i can also have a go at the new images, thanx!

2011-07-29 23.10.18.jpg2011-07-29 23.10.38.jpg

This is the picture of my sim. I am unaware of what sim this is. At the moment the box is running black hole and the bootloader is 72.
Can any one please guide me in the right direction of what sim it is?

Dreambox made in China is the Ferrari image home. Sorry can't give much more help on hols in turkey at the mo.

thank god i found this discussion!! iv basically bought a dm800 in the past and never had problems (must have had a great sim) i bought another one flashed the same image and bingo! no CA error, So been looking everywhere for images but they are rubbish and no where near gunna look in real HD on my LED tv. I opened my box and my sim look almost identical to the stell drinker who posted the first pictures. If this sim is upgradeable then im gunna save me some money.

could either stella drinker or Mark the Yid send me the upgrade files so that I can finally install a decent image and watch some HD tv lol

i found the upgrade NFI file from sim 1 to ferrari and ran the set up. It said that the sim has been upgraded.

i then went onto the Ferrari sim Dm800 website (8a8f8) and downloaded this image file

Ferrari-SSL78F-Nemesis2.2-dm800-e2-OE(1.6)-SVN(078)

and guess what, the CA error message has come up again. Am i Using the wrong image to upload or did the file conversion from sim 1 to ferrari fail

Iv only used 1 attempt to upgrade the sim, I think im only allowed to do 3 before it locks out

any help would be great

When you have installed the upgrade image you run the plugin to upgrade. The first time I did it I had the same as you so I re-flashed the upgrade image and ran the plugin again and this time it worked. I used the openpli image after the upgrade though.

PM Sent also

Hi mark, in regards to your PM, Iv installed a sim 1 image with bootloader BL70 and BL69, they seem to work on the box perfect, but to be honest the image is complety crap lol its nothing compared to what iv got on my duo or what iv seen on past dm800,

Can you post me the link for the pli image you used? i'll try doing it now and if it works that would be wicked, that means i'll have a ferrari sim

got an update, iv now put the ferrari image on , gone to the plugin and clicked on the bottom link to make it into a ferrari sim, i got the message saying it has been completed. so i restart the box, hold down the standy button and got a IP, i went onto that IP and it brings up the old image web screen ( the dreambox webcontrol) i then telent the box to find out what it has, the telnet reports:

build 69 , build 20081129 everything else has the ?? next to it.

has this converted to ferrari sim? is it safe to try and flash another image to it??

dunno what that means m8. What I can tell you is that the upgrade image is compiled using bootloader 69 which is why that is stated as that. I'd have another go at flashing an image and if it fails just use the pheonix image patched for bootloader 70

Go here for the latest ferrari images h**p://www.8a8f8.com/ubpbthreads.php?ubb=postlist&Bpoard=166&page=1

Thanks for this thread guys, managed to upgrade my sim & am now running Ferrari-SSL78F-Nemesis2.2-dm800-e2-OE(1.6)-SVN(078), not the latest image but im hoping to have a good look around for a more upto date one.

Cheers lads

Try Ferrari-SSL82F-OpenPLi-2.0-beta-dm800-20110705, this image looks great with the Glass 16 skin.

I downloaded it using the pli addons not ferrari, but I can't find it now?

Back