Upgrade sim1

stelladrinka

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi I'm after advice please after reading many articles on this I'm just getting more confused. My DM800 has a plain white sim in it which looks like a sim1 and runs bl72. How do I find out if it is T1 T2 T3, V1 V2 V3 etc if it is an unsuported one will it render the sim useless. I'm running Nabilosat V12 is it worth the hassle of upgrading, are the newer images really that much better? Thanks.

post a pic of each side of it and I'll tell ya m80 :)

Thanks mark, I'll take a picture tomorrow (missus watchinit at the mo) dont know if this helps it was plain white both sides no makings and looked like a phone sim.

gonna need pics i'm afraid m80. In answer to the question of is it worth upgrading I'd say definately.

not meaning to hijack this thread, but what is the "simm" actually for on the dreamboxes?

IMAG0240.jpgIMAG0241.jpgIMAG0242.jpg

Here's the pictures Mark, Cheers. From what I've read Dibbers it seems to allow the installation of certain drivers etc, ie it wont let you install genuine drivers and so genuine images have to be patched images for the specific Sim/Bootloader. I think original manufacturer did it as a means of copyright I guess. Please correct me if I'm wrong mark.

ah so the original manufacturer tried that as a way of counterfeiting it's products and then some clever person came along and cloned the machine, quite a clever idea having a simm card in it for for long it lasted, good idea in theory i guess......thanks was just interested to know what it was for..

There's always some clever person out there where theres money to be made.

yeah there is ain't they, reverse engineering! i was telling me mate and he was like "a Sim card, you must have made a mistake" and i was like "honest, there is" had to take a photo in the end and show him and i still think he thinks i was having him on!! why are you wanting to upgrade the Sim? i just bought a dream 800 (even though now i wished I'd got the SE for booting time, saying that we don't all hang around for the booting of the box)

What are you wanting to do? upgrade the Sim to be able to put another image on? my Sim is 2.01 is that because i got a new version of dream?

Thanks bud (sorry to hijack your thread hope you get it sorted)

@ dibbers Updating the sim will enable him to use newer images. The latest images he can currently use is bootloader 72 and we are now up to 82!

@stelladrinka The good news is you have a sim1 T1 by the looks of it and can easily be upgraded to ferrari sim. Install ferrari upgrade image onto your dm800 and run the sim update plugin incorperated in the image. You can then install ferrari patched images of whatever bootloader you wish.

I will add the upgrade image to download section now.

Nice one, understood.! clever shizzz aint it?

cant seem to add the image in downloads. it is saying file size too big. will send you a pm instead

Dont worry about the image I got 1.3 from dreambox made in china, whats the best image available for the updated box?

I prefer the openpli image myself. Solid as a rock and downloadable cams

Worked like a dream thanks Mark, installed oozoon, but cant seem to find where to put the newcamd list for mgcamd any ideas please?

Hi mark, gave up on oozoon, I'm now trying openpli, do you have any idea which mgcamd I install off the Ferrari downloads I've tried several but they dont show up in the menu/setup/softcam/softcamsetup. Thanks for all your help Si.

for what it's worth mate, i had to give up on open-pli (think it's because i didn't really like it on the dream 600s that's put me off) i couldn't find cams are any thing and then when i did get it working i then had a problem with the HDD and initializing it etc....i then went to "black hole" but i have no idea if it'll work on yours, have you upgraded your sim then (looks back through the thread) does that mean your on 2.1 now? (like me?)

Hi Dibbers, My sim updated successfully to ferrari, now I've gone from SSL72 to SSL82, the picture quality is visibly better on HD, but like you say I dont know if I'll get on with it. I'll stick with it to see if I can get it sorted. I cant upgrade my sim to the same as yours, mine is made by a different manufacturer. From what I've read the sim you have is the one to have it will run the genuine images and drivers and theres more support. Thanks for the info may have alook see if theres an updated BH.

Back