Updating Image On DBOX2

mamazwai

Inactive User
Reaction score
Can I ask a quick question i have lost me cross over cable, but have lots of normal cables cat5 cables, also a spare hub can I use that to update my image.

Thanks Billy

rodboy

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Can I ask a quick question i have lost me cross over cable, but have lots of normal cables cat5 cables, also a spare hub can I use that to update my image.

Thanks Billy

If you are connecting through a router then a straight cable will do.

Alternatively you could make your own crossover from one of your straight cables.

PaphosAL

Veteran flasher
Reaction score
Oasis- Surrounded by bandits and noisy brats
Or get a little cross-over Female>Male adaptor to plug one end of your straight through patch cable into. Although a new x-over cable will probably work out cheaper, LOL!

As Rod says, a Router should handle the crossover translation internally, so a std patch cable should connect OK via a Router. Sadly, a Hub doesn't have this ability...

Cheers- AL

ydrol

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi,

A hub/switch will do what you want.

A router will also work but only because it has a hub/switch on it.

It's the hub/switch that is important. IF you use a router , and are using IFA, you must switch of DHCP otherwise this will interfere with IFA (which uses BOOTP/DHCP internally). But if using yWeb, ftp etc. then this shouldn't matter.

Alternatively maplins sell a small dongle thing to turn a normal cable into a crossover one (although its not as cheap as I remember at £5!) could get a cable for that!

Last edited:
TEST