Update required from disk channel after soft modding a 4.3e Wii

MOAMB

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just a little information as i have had this a could of times:

After updating to v4.3e via the offical way i have soft modded the Wii but when i have put a game in (Super Mario Galaxy 2 is what i use to test the softmod) it still said update required on the original disk channel.

I just accepted the update and it didnt change anything on the Wii.
Just thought i would let you know if you had had the same thing and was worried what mite happen

Please not this is just information and what i have experianced. If you are unsure please ask before doing anything that MAY harm you Wii.

Ray

When I used to use disks on the Wii I always run every game I downloaded through WiiBrickBlocker, it takes off any updates on the game and only takes a few seconds.

Now I use an external hard drive for the games and USB loader, this has a couple of benefits, 1 is that as you put the games onto the hard drive from the PC all updates are removed (and other crap which means some games are as small as 500megs so you can get lots of games on even a small drive) and 2 your not wasting disks or wearing out the dvd-rom in the wii.

I have had my wii on 4.2 for ages and it has d2c chip as well I just got disney sing it family hits and ran it through WUM which said
no update
firmware=
but when i put it in the wii disk update appeared in the disc channel so i took it and it stubbed IOS249 so all games that require this would no longer work so i had to re-instal cIOS249[57] v20 also i had a right game getting the microphone recognised it needs ios223 installing but to do this you have install ios36 and patch it you have to uninstall the stubbed ios with mmm first by selecting load ios 250 then remove stubbed ios.
I finally got the mic working using this View attachment 55583
this probably applies to all sing titles running from a hdd

edogg

Last edited:
Back