Upc Nagra 3 rom 142 dumped?

gersrt

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi been reading on the net that nagra 3 rom 142 cards have been dumped. These are the same as upc have starting to use in Ireland.

Any one know what dumping a card means. It makes them easier to hack right??

The dumps can be downloaded..

Everything i've seen so far regarding these chips has been a fake of one form or another.

Dumping the chips is only a 1st stage. It wont help with any particular provider until the all important keys for that provider are extracted, which of course, would require dumping the card for that provider.

Dumping is the process of extracting the data contents of a card. To be useful you would normally initially need to extract all areas including ROM (actual card program) and EEprom (data incl keys etc).

Last edited:
Cheers mate.

Thats cleared alot of stuff up for me.

Hi been reading on the net that nagra 3 rom 142 cards have been dumped. These are the same as upc have starting to use in Ireland.

Any one know what dumping a card means. It makes them easier to hack right??

The dumps can be downloaded..

upc apparantly have started to roll out n3 on ntl cable over the last few days ppl in this area have reported losing adult channels and setanta is next to go, could be time to get a legal subs in ireland, bye bye starview,eurovox and the all that not linus based

upc apparantly have started to roll out n3 on ntl cable over the last few days ppl in this area have reported losing adult channels and setanta is next to go, could be time to get a legal subs in ireland, bye bye starview,eurovox and the all that not linus based

Sounds dodgy to me. Surely you lose one you lose them all. what area are you in.

Sounds dodgy to me. Surely you lose one you lose them all. what area are you in.

Blocks of channels are being turned off, low subscriber ones (MUTV, pron, ..). No N1 feeds on these anymore.

Blocks of channels are being turned off, low subscriber ones (MUTV, pron, ..). No N1 feeds on these anymore.

When did they start doing this?

Any idea how long until they start turning the big channels off?

More channels missing today LFC, Chelsea TV and Celtic TV as far as iam aware they are part of the Setanta pack so be expecting to see the rest of the Setanta pack channels being turnied off over the next few days..

Channels Turned off so far,

Mutv
Lfc
Chelsea TV
Celtic TV
Playboy
Adult Ch
TVX
ZEE TV

**** this

Is this revision only in Ireland or is it used elsewhere in europe?

What are the chances of it being hacked.

**** this

Is this revision only in Ireland or is it used elsewhere in europe?

What are the chances of it being hacked.

Its the same revision as used by UPC in large parts of Europe.

N3 isn't at all yet, For N2, the original A05 revision may of been dumpable but, afaik, the A07 version now being used is not (yet anyway).

Last edited:
Will this nag3 business hit the Uk and if so will that be the end for all the Eurovox boxes etc.
Should i wait before getting a new box.
:FRIGHT:
Any advice much appreciated.
Thanks

Will this nag3 business hit the Uk and if so will that be the end for all the Eurovox boxes etc.
Should i wait before getting a new box.

The answer to that is - Who knows !

VM's plans for future encryption are totally unknown to the general public. The only thing I will guess at is that if they start rolling N3 (or any other new encryption) out tomorrow then its likely to be 12 months before the rollout is complete.

tbh, with Eurovox etc I'd be more inclined to worry about whether or not the manufacturers will add any new N1 keychange methods when needed. VM could implement one of these tomorrow !

Last edited:
people on the basic digital package are now receiving there new cards in the post so its looks like there pushing on ...

Back