iPad Untethered jailbreak 5.0.1 experiences

biffo1

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey guys

Please list down all of your experiences with the new untethered jailbreak for iOS 5.0.1
List all the positives & negatives experiences you encounter after jailbreaking.
Be specific which devices you're jailbreaking please!

Since the Front Page News about this jailbreak is totally jammed with random opinions & comments, I've decided to open up this thread to sort out EXACTLY what is good & bad!

To avoid most problems, I strongly suggest everyone to back up your device via iTunes or iCloud then do a CLEAN RESTORE before proceeding with the jailbreak!!!

thank you

Phone: 2 x iPhone4
Previous FW (Upgraded From): 4.3.3 & 4.3.1
Baseband: 01.59 and 02.15 (basedband on the second phone was upgraded to 04.11.08)
Jailbreak method: Snowbreeze/Redsnow Custom IPSW (Baseband preserved)
Platform: Windows
iTunes: 10.5.2.11

Positives:
First upgrade was relatively smooth however I did use Snowbreeze to create the custom IPSW, restored the phone to 5.0.1 through iTunes and then Jailbroke the phone using Redsnow.

Cydia applications on the phone was backed up using iBye.

Negatives:
Had some minor app issues and adding in sources (with some posix update errors) but only AFTER the restore from backup (SMS, Contacts, Pictures etc), however after upgrading everything through Cydia this worked with no issues.

iLock is also broken in IOS 5 if anyone uses it.

Last edited:
Still having trouble with repos loading in Cydia but that's still down to the amount of traffic hitting the server.
The only real problem I'm having is when I download something from installous and exit to the springboard
I can see all my hidden apps, like the unused spring jumps icons, till I respring then they are hidden again.
I guess this is down to the theme I'm using, maybe not fully compatable with 5.0.1
Other than that I'm having no real issues apart from there's no way to disable multitasking
By the way my device is a iPhone 4

Thanks Kryton , great feed back mate , im personally im waiting for the A5 jailbreak , usuing my girls ipod as my ginnypig lol , i think most of the problems im having is really due busy traffic , as im having some of the same trouble as you adding some of my repo`s that worked ok on my iphone 4 on ios5

1 more thing, sinfuliphone repo just throws a forbidden error back when trying to download from it
Could this be due to traffic or the anti piracey included in jailbreak?
It was working yesterday

seems there`s a problem at the mo with the site and repo

Updated a 3GS from 4.3.5 to iOS 5.0.1 yesterday along with my iPhone 4 from iOS5 to iOS 5.0.1 and jailbroke them both successfully. Only problems i've found so far are just that alot of the repo's seem to be really busy so having trouble downloading some files.

At least this time of updating the firmware i haven't lost all my contacts or photos :)

Jailbreak went smoothly iphone 4

Although cant get sinfuliphonerepo.com to work also cant find instal0us either?

Last edited:
when trying to add "sinfuliphonerepo.com" i get

Did not find Repository

The indicated repository could not be found.
This could be because yopu are trying to add a legacy installer repository ( these are not supported).
Also, this interface is only capable of working with exact repository URLs,

what ever that means lol

iphone 4 was on 4.3.3 now updated to 5.0.1 and jb using redsnow, the only problem i have found so far and ive done a fresh install 3 times to try and over come this, im having problems installing sources, most wont install and the ones that do take an eternity, also installing ringtones and themes im getting a http forbidden error all the time, apart from that it seems to run fine, apps are working

iphone 4 was on 4.3.3 now updated to 5.0.1 and jb using redsnow, the only problem i have found so far and ive done a fresh install 3 times to try and over come this, im having problems installing sources, most wont install and the ones that do take an eternity, also installing ringtones and themes im getting a http forbidden error all the time, apart from that it seems to run fine, apps are working

the sources are due to the amount of traffic hitting them, sinfuliphone has put a temp repo address on there sight but the the existing address will be sorted in the next 24 hours

hi guys i phone 3gs was on 4.3.3 updated all stuff to i tunes, then went to 5.0.1 , jailbreaked using redsnow all went well, all apps ok, cydia apps saved via aptback up, they too seem ok, slight issue with the theme and my hidden apps appearing till respring and something thats bugging me is Metadate removal is showing as installed via cydia however i cant see the app and i have 14 updates via i tunes to get rid of.........any ideas????

Iphone 4. Works great apart from Ibooks and when taking a photo the + button no longer works. I'm also having problems installing sources and ringtones.

slight issue with the theme and my hidden apps appearing till respring

i was having this problem (check my first post of this thread)
it happened each time it exited installous to the springboard, field test icons would appear, phone set up icon and my unused hidden springjump icons
after a respring it was ok.
but ive just run the redsn0w beta3 and it seems the problem has gone, just installed a few apps through installous and when i return to the SB its fine now.

Last edited:
i was having this problem (check my first post of this thread)
it happened each time it exited installous to the springboard, field test icons would appear, phone set up icon and my unused hidden springjump icons
after a respring it was ok.
but ive just run the redsn0w beta3 and it seems the problem has gone, just installed a few apps through installous and when i return to the SB its fine now.

hiya, did you just run the redsnow beta3 over ur exsiting jailbreak ? or did you have to restore first etc etc, i used the first redsnow but there have been 2 updates since im just wondering if i should re-run the new redsnow straight over with cydia install untick, save restoring threw itunes and syncing but not sure if i can do that, thanks

hiya, did you just run the redsnow beta3 over ur exsiting jailbreak ? or did you have to restore first etc etc, i used the first redsnow but there have been 2 updates since im just wondering if i should re-run the new redsnow straight over with cydia install untick, save restoring threw itunes and syncing but not sure if i can do that, thanks

yes mate just run beta3 over the existing jb and untick install cydia
no need to restore with itunes

links are in this post: https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/278643/#post2042445

Last edited by a moderator:
I did jailbreak me mate iPhone 3gs on 5.0.1 first time without any issues and all working fine.

Back