iPhone Unjailbreak

ok so would i be able to flash the baseband easy or shall i have a read up on it or just doit and see what happens

ok ill think ill try that and download the programs to test it will try and find dl and get back to you and thx for all your help much appreciated
ill down grade then update with itunes

ill down grade then update with itunes

this is the version of redsn0w you will need to downgrade the baseband: https://sites.google.com/a/iphone-dev.com/files/home/redsn0w_win_0.9.14b2.zip?attredirects=0&d=1

1:Connect your iPhone in normal mode, then click “Jailbreak” after redsn0w identifies its model and BB version (you needn’t pre-select the IPSW anymore).
2:Choose the “Downgrade from iPad baseband” option (you needn’t worry about de-selecting Cydia anymore).
3: Do a controlled “slide to power off” shutdown of your phone and proceed through the normal DFU ramdisk steps.

theres loads of tutorials on the web if you get stuck, just google downgrade from ipad baseband, like this 1: Redsn0w 0.9.14b2 Brings Improved iPad Baseband (06:15:00) Downgrade; Adds Ability to Put iOS Device in DFU Mode

i would do this first before updating with itunes, because itunes doesnt recognise the ipad baseband on a iphone, it could throw back errors, if it does update it will just corrupt the baseband resulting in "no service" or "searching" when you put a sim in.

so downgrade the baseband, then update with itunes to 6.0.1

but once again it will be locked back to o2, so your bt sim still wont work in it.

Last edited:
That's a nice tut m8 I will try this on Sunday morning ? Just a question why will it be locked to 02 is that because it was on 02 before or has it got to be jailbroken for it to be unlocked or can it be just unlocked after upgrade
Cheers again your a star

why will it be locked to 02 is that because it was on 02 before or has it got to be jailbroken for it to be unlocked or can it be just unlocked after upgrade

if it was originaly locked to o2 and you update or restore it then you will lose the software unlock (ultrasn0w) and it will be locked back to o2
unless you jailbreak it again and unlock it with ultrasn0w or have it permently unlocked by o2 which costs around £15 or free if its an old contract phone where the contract has expired.
but yes if you want to unlock it yourself you will need to jailbreak it, to install ultrasn0w.
only certian basebands are unlockable,heres a list: Unlockable Basebands !

the ipads baseband 06.15.00 is unlockable thats why many update to it if they dont have an unlockable baseband, but it cause's problems, like no GPS, only being able to update with custom firmware....etc

but with that version of redsn0w you can now downgrade the baseband to 5.13.04 which is also unlockable with ultrasn0w and fixes the ipad BB issues.

this is where you need to think carefully tho, because if you want to keep your unlock you will lose it updating to IOS6, and there is only a tethered jailbreak available at the moment, which means you would need redsn0w and a laptop or pc to turn your phone on each time you turn it off or the battery dies or you reboot it.
also if you have downgraded the baseband to 5.13.04 then itunes will update that to,so you will have to go through the process of updating to the ipad baseband then downgrading it to 5.13.04 again to unlock it.

out of interest....open cydia and look along the top of the homepage, it will say : SHSH IOS 4.1 and any others that might be saved.
might be possible you could update to IOS 5 instead if you have any blobs saved.

Last edited:
shsh ios 4.1 5.1.1 6.0.1
and thx for the info its an old phone when i upgraded to iphone 4 i kept the number and contract

shsh ios 4.1 5.1.1

becaue you have the 5.1.1 blobs saved you could update to that using this : https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/293103/

i helped somebody update a 3gs from 4.1 to 5.1.1 the other week, all the info and links needed are here: https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/294425/

if you was going to do this tho i would suggest leaving the baseband downgrade until after you have updated to 5.1.1 to save the hassle of doing it all again.

Last edited by a moderator:
M8 it's so confusing for me reading this stuff I've got this laptop here that won't even download stuff to a place where it can be found IMF so much info I think I might just take it to the shop cause ill brick it I bet

pity you dont live in the "east" midlands or i would of sorted it for you ;)
it looks a bit much but its all pretty straight forward.

Ok ill send it to you cause this seems to be to much for me all the info is much appreciated m8 I will try something with it and if it don't work ill throw it ! Ill have to download the stuff on the desktop comp in the summerhouse cause this lappy going out the window soon

Ok ill send it to you cause this seems to be to much for me all the info is much appreciated m8 I will try something with it and if it don't work ill throw it ! Ill have to download the stuff on the desktop comp in the summerhouse cause this lappy going out the window soon

You can send it me if you like mate, won't want anything for doing it, just the return post paid would be helpful mate .

it seems you have to change some APN settings for the bt sim to work, although ive never come across this before

couple of links: http://community.bt.com/t5/BB-Out-Ab...im/td-p/338101
and UK BT help -sim card - MacRumors Forums

Q
APN settings can be found on the phone in settings / general / network / celluar data network

This worked to use bt chip

At biffo m8 use this info on this thread for future reference help me stop bricking my phone cheers krypton top guy rep should have been added

Back