Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Phone Unlocking Unbrand Nokia Firmware Free

c9679

DW Member ++
Sorry if this has been posted before, I cant use the search option for some reason so I cant search for it... lol

Anyway this is if anyone wants to update their phones firmware to the latest generic version without any expensive equipment.

To update the firmware as posted before you can use the Nokia software updater which checks your current phone and then finds updates for it depending on the model and your network. This works fine and is a great tool by Nokia however if your network doesnt have any new updates or if you want to remove the crappy network branding, then you can use the following.

The Nokia software updater works by checking your phone product code, it then downloads an update depending on the product code, so if you change your product code to that of a Generic model, the updater will upgrade to the latest generic firmware.

Step 1, Download NSS & Nokia NSU
NSS - http://www.b-phreaks.co.uk/files/NSS/NSS10383.zip
NSU - Nokia UK - Phone software updater - Software - Get support and software

Step 2, Find the product code for your model in a Generic version
e.g
6680 RM-36
0516031 Euro1 Lt Bronze
0520999 Euro1 Silver Blue

N70 RM-84
0522157 Euro1 Stainless Silver & Black
0523737 Euro1 Ivory Pearl & Aubergine
0536418 Euro1 Music edition

N80 RM-92
0529378 Euro1 Smooth Stainless
0529381 Euro1 Pearl Black

N91 RM-43
0523183 Euro1

Step 3, Install NSS and NSU

Step 4,
Connect Phone to Datacable usually the same one supplied with the phone
Run NSS > Click Scan for New Device (Magnifying Glass) > Click Phone Info > Next to Product Code Click Enable enter Product Code > Click Write.

After the Code has been written close NSS
Note: The Read option doesnt work... So no point trying...

Switch off phone and switch back on.

Step 5, Run NSU allow it to update the phone.

As long as the Generic software available is newer than your phones current firmware you should now have an updated unbranded Nokia phone....

This will not unlock the phone :)

Please use this at your own risk, unbranding will void your phones warranty using the wrong product code may kill your phone.
If you want your old firmware back this may be difficult....

No problem, really usefull if your network doesnt have any updates and you need a newer version to run TomTom for example, e.g N80 version 4+ needed for TT6

Excellent mate, thanks a lot. Been trying to find a way to get rid of the Orange software for a while.
Could you use this program to change the operating system version, e.g. Nokia 6680 with N80, I only ask cos that way I could run tomtom 6 on my 6680.
Thanks again,
Mike

You possibly could to a similar phone like how you could flash modify a Nokia 8210 to 8250 in the old days, however converting to another model all together wouldnt work and isnt advised... Even if you could get the software on there (memory size differences) it still wouldnt work because of the hardware differences. It would just kill the phone and possible prevent it from being flash repaired.

Hi all just done this on a n80 and it worked fine

when i tried a nokia 6680 which was on three network
it seamed to work as regarding getting rid of all the three logos ect but when i try a o2 sim in the phone it says sim in valid
im i missing the point is debranding not the same as unlocking to all networks ?
any help please

Hi all just done this on a n80 and it worked fine

when i tried a nokia 6680 which was on three network
it seamed to work as regarding getting rid of all the three logos ect but when i try a o2 sim in the phone it says sim in valid
im i missing the point is debranding not the same as unlocking to all networks ?
any help please

Debranding is different to unlocking. You can only get it unlocked by Three.

Does anyone no a generic code for a nokia e65 searched the nokia web site bit no joy and the o2 branding is driving me made as i use t-mobile many thanks in advance bonesy.: po :

debranding a n73

debranded my n73 using nemesis and euro1 product code backed up to memo card changed the code used nokia updater replace firmware got rid of voda put all my stuff back on my phone memory now i cant get any setting for the phone did a soft reset but when i did this lost all my gallery and tom tom as well as anyone had the same problem.
cheers chris

Does anyone no a generic code for a nokia e65 searched the nokia web site bit no joy and the o2 branding is driving me made as i use t-mobile many thanks in advance bonesy.: po :

What software version are you currently on? Being a relatively new phone - there may not be a generic version out yet that is a newer firmware than is currently on your phone.

Back