UK's first hand transplant operation

dibbers

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Marvelous and freaky at the same time.

BBC NEWS

A former pub landlord from West Yorkshire has become the first person in the UK to have a hand transplant.

Mark Cahill, who is 51, had been unable to use his right hand after it was affected by gout.

Doctors say he is making good progress after an eight-hour operation at Leeds General Infirmary.

It is still very early to assess how much control of the hand will be gained - so far he can wiggle his fingers, but has no sense of touch.

_65066410_000179666.jpg

Clint Hallam received the world's first hand transplant

Now i'll bring it up now because someone will.... When he has a wank does it class as another man pulling him off and will it feel like its another man?

Does this make him gay or does it mean he's being abused?

Someone was going to say it.

and i hope the other guy didnt have piles that needed pushing up

well I wasn't even thinking any where near that. ha! coming from a family that has had transplants done I never even thought of it.

....you never slept on your hand mate and then woke up in the middle of the night? probably the same thing.

I doubt it will make him gay mate, you know the hand and that, your born with it. I don't think it can be transplanted to you via a hand...lol

wonder if you could request a hand from a female donor.. lol

That's the worst advert for pig skin gauntlets I've ever seen :p

But, seriously hope it works out.

Was there not a "tales from the unexpected" on where this happened and he was mint at the piano?

hfsb-cover.jpg

Air Date: 03-September-1977

Starring: Rick Nelson, Janice Lynde, Carl Weathers,
Alfred Ryder, Stewart Moss.
Director: Curtis Harrington
Producer: John Wilder

Exec. Producer: Quinn Martin

This was an episode of the Quinn Martin produced series "Tales Of The Unexpected" (Released in the U.K. as "Twist In The Tale") It starred Rick as baseball player Sonny Blue, who loses his hand in a car crash. He is given the worlds first hand transplant so that he can return to hitting home runs. However it soon becomes clear to Sonny that this hand seems to have a life of it's own which threatens to destroy his career and his relationship. He is horrified to learn that it was in fact the hand of a vicious killer, but will it use Sonny to kill again? This oft told story is given a modern update in this hour long show. Sadly Rick doesn't sing, That's left to co-star Janice Lynde, a woman who clearly has bought one to many Barbra Streisand records.

OK not mint at the piano then, just murder...lol

Last edited:
Now i'll bring it up now because someone will.... When he has a wank does it class as another man pulling him off and will it feel like its another man?

I wasn't going to go as far as making a gay comment but I was thinking on a similar level as you..

I wonder how much feeling he has and when he has one out it feels like someone else everytime? Every cloud and all that! lmao!

now he doesnt need to lie on it to make it numb so it feels like someone else.

don't tell me you haven't !!!

If he slapped a birds arse would it be him getting arrested for sexual assault or the old owner of the hand?

If the old owner was a criminal (thief or rapist) and left finger prints behind will this new owner be getting arrested and charged with those offences in the future?

How old is the new hand? could he be getting pulled off by someone under the age of consent?

(PLEASE NO SECOND HAND JOKES)

in a court of law would he be asked to raise HIS right hand ? :err:

would the dead man be a zombie?

have we ever recorded one yet?

drop your wine...lol

still, lets say he nicks summit, then he's down as a dead man?

he's just done a cash machine over ?using his left.....

drop your wine...lol

I think someone may be missing the humour in my posts, nothing ive said has been serious since my first post.

but in response

no the dead man would be dead but his hand wouldnt be....... zombie hand!!!!

ermm no but we didnt have a man walking round with a zombie hand until this guy so give it time.

drop your wine...lol
not touched a drop im not being serious.

yes he is but on the other hand (i did it again lol) if the dead guy was a criminal the live guy will have his prints.

He'd be a very strong man or his zombie hand would be.

;)

Back