UK Online unveils 2Mb service

Shipoftheline

Banned
Reaction score
So anyone who gets any crap from NTL already knows theirs other isp's with no restrictions and here's another great one,

UK Online, a division of Easynet, has launched a 2Mb service. The Broadband 2000 package costs £29.99 a month and comes with a free modem and connection. Oh, and there are no usage limits either, apparently.

Said UK Online general manager Chris Stening: "Broadband 2000 answers the demand for extra speed from customers who share their broadband with other members of the family, or are frequent downloaders, and often find that 512K or 1Mbps broadband is not enough."

Yesterday, Madasafish - the ISP that had its "Oi, Churchill, nooooooooo! TV" ad banned - wheeled out a capped 2Mb service for £17.99 a month. ®
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2005/02/02/uk_online_2mb/

interesting and i see its available to me anyone use a 2mb service are there any really noticable benifits ?

Sure is, just gone from 1.5 to 2 and even with that i've noticed the diff...what we need is an improvement in upload speeds....

seems the service is not too good

sent an email to them yesterday asking a few questions .... still awaiting reply

if that is the kind of delay expected for a reply if tech problems then i won't bother

you have to be careful with these fookers lol

you hear about wonderful speeds then you also hear you get stung with capped bandwidth and really on a 2MB connection even 10GB could be done in a day and a half lol

im happy with my isp at the mo i want a better one well cheaper but i get good service and always 120K downlaod.

but about the upload i have always moaned about that but no one listens lol... its been shit for ages 256K being the most nearly everywhere except telewest and my isp where you get 400K but thats pretty crap aswell :(

eventually got reply to my email

uploads are 256
they block certain ports (80, 8080 and others)
dynamic ip (i currently have static)
they currently have no plans to 'cap'

Back