UK Channel List & Fixed 8 Day EPG

where are you getting the "Channel ID's" from ?

e.g
1;6230;UTV;1371;27f6:806:2

have you got a working one for "Showcase TV" ?
1;****;Showcase;373;c6c1:969:2

That number is the EPG ID. The id's are from OpenTV data. They are pulled from an enigma 2 box. Bskybsat.bin is capable of reading OpenTV format data from the relevant transponder and decoding the info. The Showcase channel I have a few id's for but none of them seem to work. Unfortunately my list is pretty old and the friend with the E2 box has since sold it because of tuner issues, but if you have or know someone with an E2 box you can pretty much find any EPG ID you are missing no problem.

Last edited:
i have an E2 DM800 setup that i could install this on if you have a link m8

That number is the EPG ID. The id's are from OpenTV data. They are pulled from an enigma 2 box. Bskybsat.bin is capable of reading OpenTV format data from the relevant transponder and decoding the info. The Showcase channel I have a few id's for but none of them seem to work. Unfortunately my list is pretty old and the friend with the E2 box has since sold it because of tuner issues, but if you have or know someone with an E2 box you can pretty much find any EPG ID you are missing no problem.

have you got any EPG ID's for the BBC radio channels, 1Xtra, Radio 1 etc, on any lists you've got ?

i'm not sure if the radio channels even have a multiday epg on sky.. ?

have you got any EPG ID's for the BBC radio channels, 1Xtra, Radio 1 etc, on any lists you've got ?

i'm not sure if the radio channels even have a multiday epg on sky.. ?

The radio channels are not part of the 7-8 day EPG. I've just had a look on my Sky HD box and they only show the current program.

thanks for checking i only asked as was looking at a mates freeview box otherday and it had atleast a days worth of EPG on it, never looked on a sly box.

shame there isn't, it's one of the few things i actually record :D

Edit:
about that "Bskybsat.bin" is the one you mean part of "E2 loadepg" ?

i've found a package for it but has a channel list that's outdated, don't have access to an E2 box myself so can't use plugin.
bskybsat-channel_list.conf
e.g
# 4music , id=1758
1758=0,4music

any info on how digidude could get an updated EPG ID list from this plugin or another version you used ?

Install the latest Loadepg. I think it's 0.52. Use the existing old channel list.conf which comes with the prog. Start the epg download. When it has finished, check the e2 loadepg log. It's in one of the folders. It will have warning entries about channels missing from the bskybsat channel.conf. Next to the warning it will give the channel name and say ID=XXXX (the X's being the 4 digit EPG ID). You then copy and paste the entries into the bskybsat-channel_list.conf to get the listing for them channels.
Note: You may need to assign some virtual ram otherwise you might get a segmentation fault when logging the EPG.

Last edited:
Added MSK and MSK Extra to EPG, as i think they are going to start broadcasting "officially" today or tomorrow.

Hi mate this is a great service your doing but i was wondering when you go into the epg is there a way to zap to the channel when you are browsing through epg.
I just have to look then exit and find the channel myself.
Thanks again for this its alot better than the standard epg.

Hi mate this is a great service your doing but i was wondering when you go into the epg is there a way to zap to the channel when you are browsing through epg.
I just have to look then exit and find the channel myself.
Thanks again for this its alot better than the standard epg.

Press number '1' when in the epg.

Press number '1' when in the epg.

I found that out mate but when i do press 1 it does chnage channel,but when u exit out of week EPG it switches back to the original channel it was on.

I found that out mate but when i do press 1 it does chnage channel,but when u exit out of week EPG it switches back to the original channel it was on.

make sure in the setup of weekepg, you have ticked "Show current Channel" and "user offline data"

-Shani

i've been trying to recreate your problem but haven't found a way to get it to switch back to original channel by pressing "exit".

I think its could be the gemini image i have on it as some of the buttons on the remote dont work right.
Cant use the UR image as it dosent connect to the net.

Hey ToneDeff, Just letting you know that their are two sports channels missing from your list.

Extremesports
Primetime

Extreme Sports is in the "Reality" section and i've no idea about Primetime haven't seen EPG id for it anywhere, if you know/find it i'll add it.

The Unexplained Channel was renamed to Showcase / Reality Bouquet
the old "Showcase" was renamed to Showcase 2 / Reality Bouquet

New channel from "Five" has/is starting for the UK only.
Channel TBC / Random Bouquet, will change bouquet when it starts airing content and there's more info about what will be on.

From the "empty" EPG entry it had before tests started.
Channel TBC broadcasts a variety of factual and general entertainment programming late at night.

also been some changes in shopping/religous channels since last update can't remember what :)

MASSIVE thanks to MKDons73 for getting the EPG id i was missing for channel now named "Showcase 2"
all channels in bouquets from "Main" down to "Sport" all have full EPG now..

p.s
also added ITV1 HD to EPG for the person that wanted it.

Last edited:
how do you update the missing EPG on Nabilosat Dm800? cant find channels.uk in any of the main folders

Back