UBroadband (provided by BT for Unite Student Accomoadation)

z4kir

Inactive User
Reaction score
Well I'm moving into brand new Unite student halls in Sept. When I applied I was given a leaflet for "UBroadband" provided by BT for Unite offering "broadband for £5 a week".

Offer was saying 512k "broadband", so I would be paying close to £20 a month for 512k access, ripoff I thought. Turns out its the only service I can get in the halls and I really need my internet so will have to cough up for it. previous halls had T1 connections so that was awesome, this just sucks.

Thought they would be offering atleast 1mb connection for the £20 I'm paying!

kick up a fuss as they are forcing you to pay more than everyone else in the country and you after all a student.

Bristol, just been googling about it and I found other unite university halls using the uBroadband service for the last yr, they've complained but nothings been done!

I think BT lease the line to Unite who inreturn can charge whatever they like! : grim :

There is an upside to UBroadband in that it works like a network so if their are not many people using it in your halls your speed will be much much faster. At least thats what happened in my friends Halls at Lincoln Uni.

not many users is very unlikely i reckon! the amount of movies me n friends downloaded last term shows how much students use bb

Back