Twin still playing up

when TM received it back, they re installed an image, using the exact same steps that i used (that they recommend) and could find no problems, and it was sold on after a week of solid running

I remember 2 separate occasions taking a TM800 then a TM Twin where I took the boxes back due to constant rebooting and box being stuck on start up I think it was

the TM800 I remember we was in the front shop trying many many images to fix it, to fail every time, so I was given a new box :) within 10 minutes of getting home I got a phone call that they fashed a image on that we had already previously worked, and the box came to life :) wonder why it never worked when we tried it more than once when I was standing there :err:

I took the Twin back because I killed it and this time I was taken out the back in the service repair area I think it was, again we tried all the images/bootloaders available at the time over and over again ....... nothing would bring the box back to life., so again I was given a new box and went on my way home :)
as I put the key in the front door I get a phone call, again they managed to fix the dead box with a image/bootloader we had tried many times previously :eek: do you think Im a jinx ?

do you see one of those TM patterns emerging here ;) its good to see people waking up to this TM
bullshit.gif

it's good that they seem to replace the units without much hassle though in the event of a fault. But theres no need to make up what sounds like absolute "BS" like .. the reciever magically works again after flashing an image and bootloader that was already previously unsuccesful twice anyway...
Looks like a coverup to me, another in the long line of Dr Linux/Satwiz/TM attempts to deflect the blame to customers and blame "user error" rather than admit the poor quality of the recievers especially drivers and software along wth incpmpetent software teams are the root cause of the majority of issues..
But apparently theres no issues and everything is the end users fault because they didnt "fallow A,B,C" ... It's this kind of attitude that seriously puts me off TM products, they have no credibility .

i have sent richard four emails now within the last week asking when we can expect the promnised and much anticipated new image for the tm800hd - he wont even have the coutesy and reply and it will be the usual bull**it he never recived it so ive just sent him another one and will kepp sending him one each day uintil i get a reply !!!!!!!!!!

I should be getting my replacement soon.
I broke mine myself doing things the box wasn't designed for.
When it arrives I will put it on test for a few days and post the results on here.

Oh why on earth Am i reading this ... I knew from the beginning eh... Well

So what about TM giving a test Box. coz when i'm reading all this i cannot offer this 2 anyone to be honest. I do love the brand TM but TM Linux is still a gamble.
I do not want to rant but i want to believe it works and is stable and safe/ Good buy for people to buy. Yr getting me TM ? :)

to be honest my twin if faultless - i woud say as good if not better than my vu+duo. The vix image on it makes it work to perfection i really cant fault it at all to be honest !

Got my replacement box today.

So far it has been fine but only been running a few hours, I did manage to crash the box by putting on rytec epg not realising that it had been setup for opentv through crossepg box got went schitzo but returned to normal when I selected just the 1 epg source.

On the 1st boot it seemed unresponsive to the remote but I think it was me doubling up on the epg's as it seems ok now.

Will leave it, if the missus doesn't complain then alls well.

The vix image is a great improvement on what I had on the previous twin that I trashed.

Back