Tv Drive queries

nworulz

Member +
Reaction score
Im going to buy a tv drive to go with a my new hdtv in my room.
But i have a few questions:
1.Will it work in EXCW
2.What card is best for it been using funs all my life will they work.
3.If i buy it from ebay is it likely that the bk is fake.
4. How hard is it to change the netid.
Thanks in advance

Answers:

1=yes it will
2=you can use a uncard but a mosc with a good image is best
3=its always possible no way of knowing.
4=its easy enough to set the net id on em.

Clive.

great thanks does anyone with a tv drive bought of ebay been giving a false bk coz i dont want to get a very expensive freeview recorder lol ive seen one going for £300 incl postage which already has the data might go looking into that.
1 last question anyone know where to find the tv drive guide?

I heard you have to change a chip on the TV drive to change the net id and only mosc cards work.
Is this true

Get a Dreambox PVR 600c, brilliant boxes m8. Just make sure the tuner is "C" and not "S" or "T"

£300 is a bit too much, I would just wait or try to get one for cheaper of fleaby. However there is a risk of getting one without a paired card, which is useless.

first with ebay its 50/50 with getting a paired card

also £300 is to much! ive seen them for less than half that already done, and under £50 not modded so shop around and wait a bit if you have to

I heard you have to change a chip on the TV drive to change the net id and only mosc cards work.
Is this true

Ok you can use a funcard and that will work just fine, If you want to change the net id and pin then you can try the ATMega way of doing it (if you have the correct BK) that is, if this does not work (and it doesn't sometimes if your net id is not already 9999) then you will have to remove the chip underneath the motherboard and erase it with an elvis or other compatable progger Or just replace the 24c512 with a new blank 1 then use the AtMega again and it should be fine.

Last edited:
Guys is there a tut on how to do a V+ drive?? checked everywhere unable to find owt...I have dbox and thought will try this ...also cheapest place to get one appears to be ebay is that right ..? but luck of the draw if you get a paired one or not.?

Get a Dreambox PVR 600c, brilliant boxes m8. Just make sure the tuner is "C" and not "S" or "T"

How many tuners does this box have and how many channels can you record in one go ?

cheers mate

can you put the channel line up exact same as virgin ? or are channels all over the place

hi m8,

i have seen that your after a tv drive bear in mind that £300 is too much and you will need to remove the chip to set the netid. And in order to get HD content you will need a valid mac which 99.9 of them are not so as for hd channel you would have only BBC HD trialing HD content.

Btw i have a DM600-c for sale if your interested pm me.

thanks

How many tuners does this box have and how many channels can you record in one go ?

600c 2 tuners (watch 1 record 1 or record 2 @ the same time but you cannot move channels whilst doing 2 recordings simaltaniously)V+ (tv-drive 3 tuners) watch 1 record 2 or as before record 3 but no surfing @ the same time.

Just thought i would clear that up for you m8.

Also with the tv-drive (v+) you will get all HD channels other than PPV which as stated you will need a valid ip addy and TB active (which i wouldn't advise anyway).

Last edited:
oh i see, 600 c has 2 tuners, so its like the sky plus box

if anyone does have a tv drive for sale you know where to find me ;) (pm me)

600c 2 tuners (watch 1 record 1 or record 2 @ the same time but you cannot move channels whilst doing 2 recordings simaltaniously).
r u sure the 600 has 2 tuner cause from what i've read on them is u only can watch channels on the same transponder as the 1 u r recording like the replay's box.

r u sure the 600 has 2 tuner cause from what i've read on them is u only can watch channels on the same transponder as the 1 u r recording like the replay's box.

i was going to say this aswell but wasnt sure and couldnt be arsed to plug the dm600C to see.

lol

It only has one tuner mate but you can record and watch tv at the same time as long as the channel you want to watch is on the same transponder\frequency that you are watching.

Hope this clears it up for you.

But the dreambox has loads of mods and very useful plug-ins like 14day epg, record to PC or internal hard drive, stream from anywhere just to mention a few.

very very good boxes.

Back