Tuxbox commander missing in image, need it to reset changed password in Dreambox

TheLargeone

Inactive User
Reaction score
Looking for a .tar or .gz file for Tuxbox Commander, as when I try to install it thru Plugins, thats the default filenems it is looking for. I have downloaded from another site, and got .cfg (config) and another .so file, so couldn't do zip with it. New to all this, but not computers. Thanks for any help.

You download it through the menu on your box. Go to software management and update to the latest menu if you haven't already done so.
Go into downloads, plugins and addons and download it.

Here you go, m8- it's the old dBox2 Add-on pack for Commando 12

I wouldn't attempt installing this as a tarball from /tmp though, as C12 was JFFS2 so we're probably using folders in root that won't be accessible in your SquashFS image.

Use WinRAR to extract the files and then FTP them to the obvious locations in the /var partition. Remember that tuxcom.so needs chmod 755 permissions or it won't work. There's a small uninstall script in /sbin that you can ignore.

Cheers- AL :)

Attachments

• TuxCom.rar
    78.3 KB · Views: 13
hi

Al may not be able to ftp the files across because they will not know password
for reciver

use dream up to make a back up of your image as you don't know password
to telnet back up or ftp to box (save backed up image to pc)

then use LraiZer's ViewVar-dm500-(for windows) to open image and get files needed from image

then if you can transfer needed files to a newly flashed image if that doesn't work
flash backed up image back to reciver

hope this may help

Attachments

• ViewVar-dm500-(for windows).rar
    681.1 KB · Views: 5
hi
from post above
to telnet back up or ftp to box (save backed up image to pc)

should read
to telnet back up or ftp to box need to know password (save backed up image to pc)

Back