Tutorial for eaglebox(dm500)

hotwire

Inactive User
Reaction score
Pls can someone point me in the right direction for a tut for a eaglebox 1000s (dm500). i have the earchecthe forum but cant seemm to find anything. i have got as far as flashing the box and scanning channels but nd info on cccam setup and cs and all the networking part. many thanks in advance.

if u flashed it with the dm500s pli image i sugessted then it should be a dm500 tutorial u need to read

as the eagle box is essentially the same thing

so i think its the blue button then addons
download from their server in cams menu
cccam 2.1.4

install it and job done

for now all u need to do is hook it up to ur router
dont bother with static ip yet
just get things up and running

once u got it sorted
it will depend on ur router if u put the static ip in dreambox or u assign a static ip in the router for dreambox mac

u got a lot to read i think

ps/ never had a eagle box
but i think it should be very similar

Eaglebox is a Dm500 clone, depending on image should be exactly the same as a 500.
I've never used the specicifc eagle box images, install the latest build of OpenPli Maxvar and from the software management menu, install CCAM 2.1.4 and the CCAM config file.
Give your box an IP address or use DHCP. FTP to the /var/etc and edit the CCAM.cfg file as required.
Select CCAM as your default cam, and scan transponder for channels..

- I would sugegst having a good read around this and other forums, and having a go 1st, then post questions on the bits your getting stuck on, rather than expecting people to give you a complete A-Z tutorial CS advice is on dodgy ground so complete tuts are not necceasrily available...

Last edited:
Hi Hotwire

Got my first Dreambox just over 2 weeks ago. A 500s nothing on it except Nabilosat image.
Done a lot of reading before and after getting receiver.
Strongly reccomend above procedure.
My steps were.
Setup receiver to router in my case easy DHCP.
Changed default password with Telnet
Scan a couple of satellites.
Check out various functions.
Look in addons
Loaded cccam 2.13 and edited with CCcam Config Creator put in Boxkey so I could check with official card
Loaded ccam info
Loaded Tuxbox to view and edit files
Loaded following Tools:

Dreambox Control Centre
Dreambox Config Creator
Dreambox Edit

Next step is to try test cs need to Google I expect to find test or free server.

As I say I am new to this. All of above is open to comment by more experienced members
Plenty of stuff on this Forum.
As a Senior Member you will know everybody is most helpful

Back