Turning sky+box into freeview record all the free to air channels

techdoc

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi Folks, Just toying with the idea on how to record using free to air channels using sky+plus without a Sky contract any off you guys willing to share information on how you would do this? :)

you need the old type SD receiver and a card with Blue back and yellow house that is still active for recording entitlements, it cannot be done with a HD receiver

Looks like its the real early Thompson or pace or even samsung HD, if it works just seems a bit steep £110 you could get a twin tuner Linux E2 clone receiver for that and do far more than the official box can anyday of the week

Looks like its the real early Thompson or pace or even samsung HD, if it works just seems a bit steep £110 you could get a twin tuner Linux E2 clone receiver for that and do far more than the official box can anyday of the week

Either that or skybox f5s but unfortunately it only has the one tuner for recording but its a cheaper version. I have a spare sky+ in the attic somewhere...thats why I was toying with the idea.... :THANKS:

Hi Folks, Just toying with the idea on how to record using free to air channels using sky+plus without a Sky contract any off you guys willing to share information on how you would do this? :)

Buy a white sky card off fleabay for about a £5..this enables sky+ box to have access to freeveiw plus additional channels and being able to record etc.

Buy a white sky card off fleabay for about a £5..this enables sky+ box to have access to freeveiw plus additional channels and being able to record etc.
Not the recording.

Agreed just seen that.

Cheers for the info guys :proud:

Does that mean yes it works or no it doesn't?

This card will work in any Sky box but if used in a HD box you will receive over 8 FREE HD channels including BBC One HD, Two HD, Three HD, Four HD, BBC News HD, CBeebies HD, ITV HD and Channel 4 HD!

This card does NOT allow you to pause or record

THIS CARD DOES NOT ALLOW YOU TO WATCH SUBSCRIPTION CHANNELS.
Cannot record or pause (that requires subscription from sky )
No Subscription and NO Bills, EVER!!

THIS CARD DOES NOT ALLOW YOU TO WATCH SUBSCRIPTION CHANNELS

I don't recall typing the second sentence.

A white card won't allow recording. AFAIK, Only instance where a card would allow this would be if it missed the kill signal and still had the entitlement.

Yes I knew that bit, but you had said recording as well and it threw me lol.

sorry my fault i also said it could record..was not till i checked i discovered it could not...
In the grand scheme of things seems you/they would be better off with a cheap freesat recorder or E2 box.

Back