tuners

AJT

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello,when you flash a perfectly good image to a perfectly good box,What would causethe "tuner empty"
and you flash a different image and all is good tuner detected.
so why on some images do you have TUNER EMPTY in tuner config.its happened to me a few times and would like to know for future reference.

Hello,when you flash a perfectly good image to a perfectly good box,What would causethe "tuner empty"
and you flash a different image and all is good tuner detected.
so why on some images do you have TUNER EMPTY in tuner config.its happened to me a few times and would like to know for future reference.

Usually mismatched boot loader/ssl

sent using my telepathic powers

Thats a strange one as i flashed bootloader first.
is that totally the only possibility apart from no hardware of course.

Thats a strange one as i flashed bootloader first.
is that totally the only possibility apart from no hardware of course.

If the image is not patched you will also need to flash it afterwards :)

sorry if this is a stupid question but how would you tell if they're mismatched? i've just had my tuner go 'empty' after piddling about with images etc., and am loathe to buy new one if this is the problem.

sorry if this is a stupid question but how would you tell if they're mismatched? i've just had my tuner go 'empty' after piddling about with images etc., and am loathe to buy new one if this is the problem.

Sometimes too much piddling about causes image corruption. You do not need to buy a new tuner. Your best bet is to reflash your box.

thanks for that mate, but i've flashed it so many times i've lost count, both ssl (84b) and different openpli images but still the same, tuner configuration always says it's empty.

thanks for that mate, but i've flashed it so many times i've lost count, both ssl (84b) and different openpli images but still the same, tuner configuration always says it's empty.

Presuming you have ssl84b on it now,ok?

If you then flash an image and get empty tuner,were they were working before,its probably just either the image does not contain the correct ssl,or maybe its corrrupted,

so if other then the empty tuner the image works fine , just flash the correct ssl over like you would an image

thanks mate, yes, ssl84b already on there but reflashed it anyway, then gjstroom's openpli image :drink:, then ssl84b again, still no joy.

gotta be tuner i think.

thanks mate, yes, ssl84b already on there but reflashed it anyway, then gjstroom's openpli image :drink:, then ssl84b again, still no joy.

gotta be tuner i think.

Is it a sim 2.10 or A8p?

Sometimes too much piddling about causes image corruption. You do not need to buy a new tuner. Your best bet is to reflash your box.

Just found out that that really has nothing to do with it mismatch wont load in dreamup you need to install tuner drivers..i had no mismatch as i flashed correct bootloader before and after image flash (D.W image backup 1.1) plus it happened on many other images..i flashed this image(dw)loads of times but the same TUNER EMPTY so on a whim i went to TSpanel and installed trialtuner 1.0a and bingo full tuners and channels on reboot.
so the upshot of it all is if you flash a image and you have flashed correct bootloader to match image to be flashed and you get "Empty Tuner" then go to TSpanel and flash the tuner driver..happy days.
my tuner is S2 box latest D6 dm800se wifi

go to tspanel install tuner driver..i had the same many times just sussed out i needed to install tuner driver..i put in trialtuner 1.0 and bingo happy days flashed dw 1.1 backup everything perfect.

Just found out that that really has nothing to do with it mismatch wont load in dreamup you need to install tuner drivers..i had no mismatch as i flashed correct bootloader before and after image flash (D.W image backup 1.1) plus it happened on many other images..i flashed this image(dw)loads of times but the same TUNER EMPTY so on a whim i went to TSpanel and installed trialtuner 1.0a and bingo full tuners and channels on reboot.
so the upshot of it all is if you flash a image and you have flashed correct bootloader to match image to be flashed and you get "Empty Tuner" then go to TSpanel and flash the tuner driver..happy days.
my tuner is S2 box latest D6 dm800se wifi

The trial tuner has nothing to do with your box,its for the triple tuner boxes,if that solved your problem then thats great but it was a coincidence :)

well unless you have a triple tuner box that is lol

The trial tuner has nothing to do with your box,its for the triple tuner boxes,if that solved your problem then thats great but it was a coincidence :)

well unless you have a triple tuner box that is lol

what is the correct tuner driver then please..i dont want the triple just single

what is the correct tuner driver then please..i dont want the triple just single

It should already be in the image, but if its working fine now, leave it alone

As far as I'm aware the ssl either incorporates the tuner driver or allows the ones in the image to function properly,hence the empty tuner when using the wrong ssl

It should already be in the image, but if its working fine now, leave it alone

As far as I'm aware the ssl either incorporates the tuner driver or allows the ones in the image to function properly,hence the empty tuner when using the wrong ssl

Yes correct mate you are..I needed to flash bootloader twice..before and after image flash..thats all it bloody well was..dear oh dear
thanks for your info and help mate much appreciated

Yes correct mate you are..I needed to flash bootloader twice..before and after image flash..thats all it bloody well was..dear oh dear
thanks for your info and help mate much appreciated

So, is this the new flash method

Or should we stick with Mick's method ?

So, is this the new flash method

Or should we stick with Mick's method ?

Have I ever let you down ;)

OK to try make it simple,if your box does not have an ssl either equal to or greater then the one that your new image has,then you need to flash the ssl first and reboot the box,

You then flash image,and if the image is not prepatched you need to flash ssl again before rebooting the box :)

Tbh its no harm to get into the habit of flashing the ssl after every new image

Have I ever let you down ;)

OK to try make it simple,if your box does not have an ssl either equal to or greater then the one that your new image has,then you need to flash the ssl first and reboot the box,

You then flash image,and if the image is not prepatched you need to flash ssl again before rebooting the box :)

Tbh its no harm to get into the habit of flashing the ssl after every new image

You have never let me down, EVER

My bad

I misread the post, sorry

Dave its Thursday pay day I've had a couple

All the best

You have never let me down, EVER

My bad

I misread the post, sorry

Dave its Thursday pay day I've had a couple

All the best